2009 F800GS - Overland Journal Project bike - $10k.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
The time has come to sell my 800GS.

This is was the Overland Journal project bike a few years back.

Along with a factory low seat & all the standard features that most of the F800GSs had (ABS, heated grips, center stand, etc), the bike currently has:

31,xxx miles
Jesse Luggage panniers
Wolfman tank bag
ADVspec crash bars
ADVspec skid plate
ADVspec luggage plate
Barkbusters hand guards
G4 ergonomics throttle tube
Woody's wheel sets (Rad aluminum hubs, Excel rims, HD stainless spokes in Woody's signature Superlace pattern - 18" rear, 21" front)
Race Tech fork springs (forks were rebuilt July 2016)
Near new Continental TKC tires (less than 500 miles)
Rear shock bolt brace.

Included but not currently installed:
WARN HID aux lights - one lamp needs to be replaced, but honestly, the warm up time on HIDs makes them not so great if you're around traffic at all. If I were to put lights back on it, I'd go LED.
Racetech rear shock - it needs to be rebuilt. The factory shock (with approx 5,000 miles on it) is currently installed.
Spare set of Conti trail attack tires (glorified street tires - 50+%)
Spare tubes (new)
GPS mount for Garmin 276c
Spare countershaft sprocket (higher ratio - better fuel economy on those long road trips that don't involve much dirt).
Other random bits and pieces - none hugely valuable, but if you want 'em, you can have them.

This bike has been well cared for - but it hasn't been a garage queen. The wheels have faded in the S. AZ sun, the crash bars & skid plate have a few minor dings & scratches. So do the plastic bits. All of it is purely cosmetic - no known mechanical or electrical issues. The biggest thing it needs is someone to ride it.

I bought a R1200GS which is better suited for the riding I currently do (exploring better maintained back roads further from home). The 800 doesn't see much use anymore - so its time for someone else to enjoy it.

It has a clean AZ title.

$10,000.

IMG_5419.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles