2008 Xterra Offroad Build

285/75R16 BFG KOs, stealth wheel job. :) Been waiting for the weather to break for a few weeks now to do this up.

0image140.jpg

NCtrail4R

Adventurer
Looks good. Do the 285s fit without a lift on the stock wheels?

An offroad model will likely be my next ride.

norshor

Observer
Yup. All you have to do is melt the fenders and bend a bulge out of the way. Have you been on thenewx.org? Lot's of good info there.

Yup. All you have to do is melt the fenders and bend a bulge out of the way. Have you been on thenewx.org? Lot's of good info there.

Actually, didn't have to melt anything. I think the slight lift on the OR model made it so I didn't have to. Wheels/tires have zero rubbing anywhere. :)

Been at the newx for a year or so, lots of quality intel there.

norshor

Observer
As a general rule of thumb, a melt mod is necessary. It just depends on the X. I had to do the melt mod on my Maxxis 255 Bighorns, even with Radflos up front. Granted, I have them set to a very minimal lift, and those mud terrains are taller, and a lot more aggressive. They will fit a stocker also.

Great looking rig btw. Love the color.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
I'll be testing this theory here in the near future (probably tomorrow). One thing I remember reading from a few days ago is that it's possible that having less than 2" of lift actually makes the rubbing worse than having no lift at all. The guy tried to explain the geometry, but I don't have all of his info. Sounded reasonable at the time.

If everything goes well, I'll the have the BFG TA KO 285 75 16s on tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94