2008 Tiger CX on F-350 4x4 Diesel Chassis

Link to photos : https://www.flickr.com/photos/49398892@N07/albums/72157700098221874/with/44166571131/

2008 Tiger CX 4x4 on Ford 4x4 F-350 XLT Diesel chassis (No DEF Fluid Nonsense)
92k Miles
Seatbelts for 5, Sleeps 4-5
Factory Limited Slip Diff

Dual AM Solar GS 135w solar panels (270 watts total)
Dual Underbody mounted LIFELINE AGM Batteries (220 amp hours each= 440 amp hours!!)
Blue Sky 3000i solar boost charge controller
Propex 10,000 BTU HS2800 Propane Heater
3 Way Dometic Fridge
2 Burner Dometic Stove
Range top fan
Microwave
9000 BTU 4 Gallon Water Heater
15 Gallon Propane tank
33 Gallon fresh water tank (mounted under sofa)
18 Gallon Heated Grey water tank
14 Gallon Heated black water tank
Shower/Toilet
Progressive Surge Protector
1000w Invertor
Roadmaster rear Sway bar
Front and Rear Tow hitch
New 2017 Ford Rims with Goodyear Kevlar AT tires (less than 4000 miles)

I just completed a full interior renovation on this rig, the following is all BRAND NEW: flooring, headliner, replaced all outlets with BLUE SEA Marine outlets, upholstery, memory foam cooling gel mattress, overcab ladder, range top, curtains, custom magnetic blackout curtains in cabover area, the truck cab has new carpet, headliner, weathertech floor mats, new leather sprinter style captains chairs on custom brackets.

From tigervehicles.com website:
"COACH STRUCTURE
The body of the Bengal coach is constructed of aluminum, wood, and fiberglass. The floor and portions of the walls utilize plywood, upon which is built an aluminum frame and exterior skin. The top is one-piece fiberglass, and fiberglass is also used for several transition pieces. The walls have a minimum two inch cavity, which is filled with a denim-based, VOC-free insulation. The top uses a spray ceramic, and foil-based insulation. These attributes make for solid, quiet, and adequately insulated living quarters. The Bengal also features dual-pane insulated louvered windows. A winter package for the plumbing system is an available option."

Very well maintained rig, have all original documentation and service records since new, not too many 4 season rigs out there that can fit in a normal parking space (20ft), go off-road and off grid, and tow a horse or toy trailer with ease like this one can. A new one will set you back $90,0000 plus the cost of a one ton pickup truck, so figure $140-$150k.
Provan was created by the guy who created FOUR WHEEL CAMPERS to give you an idea of build quality (hand welded aluminum in the USA)

$70,000 obo serious buyers only I don't need help selling, clean california title in hand. Email me at tjstrong86@yahoo.com if interested.

Last edited:

maxbergi

I was thinking the same thing. When that one originally listed 4 months ago there were more pictures, can't find them anymore(think it was a craigslist ad). But if I remember right all of the over cab bed interior was missing and couch was pretty thrashed. Everything new in the one looks to match with what was missing in that old ad. Double you money for a a little interior work....
To be fair, I think its very nice interior work, I'd be happy with that tiger and I'm sure it will sell

adam88

Explorer
It's odd that folks not even interested like to jump on someones classified post.

If you were walking down the street with your friend, and someone tried to sell him a can of Pepsi for $2.00 when there was a vending machine selling them for $1.00 right down the block, would you say something to your friend? "Hey, just so you know, he bought that can of pepsi for $1.00 down the road and he is trying to flip it to you for a cool $1.00 profit". Or would you keep your mouth shut and just let your friend buy the pepsi?

Most people on Expo look out for each other, consider each other "friends" or "family". The same analogy applies here. Hopefully that clears it up for you

I was thinking the same thing. When that one originally listed 4 months ago there were more pictures, can't find them anymore(think it was a craigslist ad). But if I remember right all of the over cab bed interior was missing and couch was pretty thrashed. Everything new in the one looks to match with what was missing in that old ad. Double you money for a a little interior work....
It's useful information for any buyer. I like that people on this forum look out for each other when buying rigs.
If you were walking down the street with your friend, and someone tried to sell him a can of Pepsi for $2.00 when there was a vending machine selling them for $1.00 right down the block, would you say something to your friend? "Hey, just so you know, he bought that can of pepsi for $1.00 down the road and he is trying to flip it to you for a cool $1.00 profit". Or would you keep your mouth shut and just let your friend buy the pepsi?

Most people on Expo look out for each other, consider each other "friends" or "family". The same analogy applies here. Hopefully that clears it up for you
Adam88 wow what a great analogy, and what do you think the guy selling it for $1 paid for that can of Pepsi? And your friend will likely still buy the $2 Pepsi so he doesn't have to walk down the road to find the guy selling for a dollar. When you buy anything at a retail store do you ask what they paid for a product so you know how much they're marking it up? If you were about to buy your dream home but found out the guy selling it bought it in shambles and renovated it would you pull out? For petes sake man have you ever been to Disneyland or bought a beer at a ball game?!

For the record, yes I got this tiger below market value, I offered and paid the seller thousands more than his asking price cause I knew it would sell fast and thats what it was worth to me, if you click on BGritty's link you'll see that 2 other parties actually passed on this tiger cause the interior was absolutely thrashed, systems needed maintenance/replacement, mismatched tires/wheels, pulled HARD to one side, etc. I put countless hours of time, labor, and love over the last 4 months, and paid thousands to get it to the condition it's in now. I never intended to "flip" this rig, but I enjoyed the renovation process and it gave me the confidence to go ahead and build out my dream van from scratch. Do I expect to make my money back AND make some money for all my time/effort I put into it? You bet **************** I do. Do I think I've overpriced it considering the market of these tigers? Absolutely not. BGritty has gone on every forum I've placed an ad and gone as far as create an account just to call me out for "flipping" this tiger. I'm willing to bet he's also the reason why I can't keep an ad on Craigslist cause they're constantly getting flagged. To anyone who thinks I'm doing something wrong here: welcome to the world of free market economics.

Last edited:

Mako1114

Adventurer
I think you did a great job on the re-fit and deserve to make a profit. Someday when i'm ready to buy I hope that I find one that looks to be well-sorted like this one.

Cheers

I don't really agree with the analogy. I think the useful information is the condition the truck/camper was in beforehand so that the prospective owner can talk to you about the substantial work you did to it. It's transparency, not trying to be negative about you did. For instance, I'm looking for a split window VW right now and anything that's been restored I want to see pictures from before so I know how much of the metal is original, where to look to inspect all the restoration, etc.

I don't think anyone should expect you not to ask a fair price for an restored/upgraded camper.

Good luck with the sale.

Bump and Update: I recently discovered that the quick release captains chairs can be flipped around and reconnected to be rearward facing, obviously not as easy as true swivel seats, but still fairly easily. Picture added to my photo album. Also, the sink faucet pulls out and extends just far enough to pull through the window and use as an outdoor shower.
GOPR0116.jpg

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Bump and Update: I recently discovered that the quick release captains chairs can be flipped around and reconnected to be rearward facing, obviously not as easy as true swivel seats, but still fairly easily.

This is actually really nice, I was at Provan a couple times and almost pulled trigger on the 2013 on lot, one thing I didn't like was not being able to turn front seats around, however, this is not why I did not buy it. The fact yours can gives the cab more functionalty and becomes more integrated with living space.

Your's looks real nice and I like the build, I am not in market now but good luck on sale.

Mo4130

Adventurer
It's useful information for any buyer. I like that people on this forum look out for each other when buying rigs.

Adam88 wow what a great analogy, and what do you think the guy selling it for $1 paid for that can of Pepsi? And your friend will likely still buy the $2 Pepsi so he doesn't have to walk down the road to find the guy selling for a dollar. When you buy anything at a retail store do you ask what they paid for a product so you know how much they're marking it up? If you were about to buy your dream home but found out the guy selling it bought it in shambles and renovated it would you pull out? For petes sake man have you ever been to Disneyland or bought a beer at a ball game?!

For the record, yes I got this tiger below market value, I offered and paid the seller thousands more than his asking price cause I knew it would sell fast and thats what it was worth to me, if you click on BGritty's link you'll see that 2 other parties actually passed on this tiger cause the interior was absolutely thrashed, systems needed maintenance/replacement, mismatched tires/wheels, pulled HARD to one side, etc. I put countless hours of time, labor, and love over the last 4 months, and paid thousands to get it to the condition it's in now. I never intended to "flip" this rig, but I enjoyed the renovation process and it gave me the confidence to go ahead and build out my dream van from scratch. Do I expect to make my money back AND make some money for all my time/effort I put into it? You bet **************** I do. Do I think I've overpriced it considering the market of these tigers? Absolutely not. BGritty has gone on every forum I've placed an ad and gone as far as create an account just to call me out for "flipping" this tiger. I'm willing to bet he's also the reason why I can't keep an ad on Craigslist cause they're constantly getting flagged. To anyone who thinks I'm doing something wrong here: welcome to the world of free market economics.

I literally don’t see what the problem is. He bought it in tough shape fixed it up with some sweat equity and turned around to sell it for a profit.

With the price of some of these rigs now a days it’s no different than buy a foreclosed house fixing it up and turning around and selling it for a profit. As far as looking out for people I get it. This is a world wide accessible page, buyer responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles