2008 pleasure way traverse

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I think that's a GTRV Westy, not a Traverse.

I know the Ad says Pleasure Way, but some of the construction details just scream GTRV to me. (As someone who has dissected a GTRV and transplanted many of the bits to another van.) Both companies did pop-top Ford vans, both companies have good reps, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were in the market. If anything, the owner may just not know what they have.

Or, potential scammer using stolen pics. Looks like a good deal for someone, if it's real, though.

joshua westra

I think that's a GTRV Westy, not a Traverse.

I know the Ad says Pleasure Way, but some of the construction details just scream GTRV to me. (As someone who has dissected a GTRV and transplanted many of the bits to another van.) Both companies did pop-top Ford vans, both companies have good reps, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were in the market. If anything, the owner may just not know what they have.

Or, potential scammer using stolen pics. Looks like a good deal for someone, if it's real, though.

They do look similar, especially with all the external decals off. For sure Its a pleasure way though. I know because its mine :). I have all the pleasure way paperwork with it too.
We camped this weekend and I am tossed if I really want to sell it. Its so comfy. My friend suggested I just lift is slightly and add an e locker to extend my range with sand and snow. Kicking that idea around now.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Very cool. I wonder if there was some employee crossover between early GTRV/LuLu Island and Pleasure Way. The way the upper bunk board is "hinged" and hung from the pop-top with the seat-belt material w/ snaps is exactly the same as the boards on my 1995 LuLu Island donor camper. (Now on my 2003 van.)

Looking more closely, though, at the picture of the Galley cabinetry, I can see some different design choices.

That's a great van. I'd be all over it if I wasn't invested so deeply into my Astro. It would be nice to have a longer van, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles