'08 Pathfinder V8 Overland Build-Diesel Heater, Sleeping Platform, Sink, Sprayer...

N.Y.X.

Observer
Thanks man!!

Need to adjust the height, add some more feet and add the locking mechanism, but this is pretty close to how the sleeping quarters will be.

60.jpg61.jpg62.jpg63.jpg

N.Y.X.

Observer
Started on the waterproofing of the snorkel intake. Used the 2nd gen xterra volant adapter and layered carbon fiber to mold it and make it waterproof. Also test ran the sleeping platform and added a futon cover to the 4" memory sleeper.
77.jpg78.jpg79.jpg80.jpg81.jpg82.jpg83.jpg84.jpg

N.Y.X.

Observer
Went with "Classic Grey" stain and 3 coats of poly. I think it will match the interior well and waterproof the important areas. Also made the "reducer" for the air intake to make sure it seals up properly. I really like problem solving!! lol

85.jpg86.jpg87.jpg88.jpg89.jpg90.jpg

N.Y.X.

Observer
Was able to test fit; going to tweak a thing or two, add the gasket around the intake and get a coupler for the fender well connection and call it good!!
91.jpg92.jpg93.jpg94.jpg95.jpg

N.Y.X.

Observer
Still too tight to add the original weatherstripping so will have to remove one more time to trim it perfectly. But outside of that, she's solid!96.jpg97.jpg98.jpg99.jpg100.jpg101.jpg

Dmski

Adventurer
This is awesome! The rear sleeping platform is what I'm aiming to do in my X. I have the drawers done, just need to figure out the forward sleeping section. Your setup has given me some ideas.

Out of curiosity, why not V8 swap the xterra and gain the benefits of power, gearing and rear solid axle? Or did you keep the xterra to continue wheeling harder trails with?

N.Y.X.

Observer
Looks great so far
Thank you!!

This is awesome! The rear sleeping platform is what I'm aiming to do in my X. I have the drawers done, just need to figure out the forward sleeping section. Your setup has given me some ideas.

Out of curiosity, why not V8 swap the xterra and gain the benefits of power, gearing and rear solid axle? Or did you keep the xterra to continue wheeling harder trails with?

Thank you. I tried to check out your build but the pics for the drawers were broken for some reason (I have the photobucket plug in) so not sure why. As far as why I didn't keep the X (Sold over 2 ...

First being I live in Denver County where the emissions test is a dynometer; but doesn't measure power, it enables the vehicle to be "under-load" when accelerating through gears so the "sniffer" (tube hooked to exhaust) can adequately read the emissions. The X had to go on the rollers because it was too old to be plugged in to ECU to check for any codes. So the hassle being that they wouldn't allow me on the rollers with my 35's as they are too large. I stated that "a large commercial truck would also have a tire of this diameter, maybe even larger." I politely spoke to the staff and the manager after and they concluded that because my vehicle did not come with tires of that size that they cannot justify passing it like they do the other trucks that come stock with 35" tires. So long explanation stating that it is a hassle for me to borrow my friends tires.

2nd... as you can see they plug in your vehicle via OBDII port which reads the ECU/VIN/etc. This will not match up with the V8 swap/ecu so would fail emissions. There is an option to register in a non emissions county; but requires a little trickery and would be a process that I wasn't willing to proceed with.

Finally it was because I found myself being more into overlanding and getting to remote areas, setting up camp and then dismounting the dirtbike to explore. First trip to moab with the r180 X ended with a blown front diff and a fried electronic 4wd engagement motor. I was lucky to be able to drive it home and not have to repair on site or tow home. But I found pushing my vehicle to the limits and risking failure wasn't something I was really in to; however always knew it was a part of the game. Eventually I will build a little buggy that I trailer; but until then full armor, 3.36's and a front locker on the Pathy should do the trick!

N.Y.X.

Observer
In other news, I was able to make the small tweaks on the intake that I wanted and add the original weatherstripping on the box for the intake tube. After testing in darkness and with a flashlight on the inside of the intake box, I didn't see any light. So I am thinking it is good enough to be submerged for at least 5 minutes (running) before the intake box could fill up enough to suck water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online