'08 Pathfinder V8 Overland Build-Diesel Heater, Sleeping Platform, Sink, Sprayer...

N.Y.X.

Observer
Soooo, I went home and pondered the purpose of this vehicle. The ONLY reason it cannot be 100% dedicated to camping is for winter time when I have to drive to work or the mountains to snowboard, etc. Thing is, I am going to waste a lot of money building this thing to be a capable overlander when all I really want to build is a 4x4 Sprinter or E350.... I feel like the E 350 could still be easily driven in the winter to work and what not, but not the sprinter. I don't think the sprinter would fit in my parking garage at work either. As my end game is definitely something will seating room for 2. Thoughts?

docwatson

Adventurer
It looks like an already pretty capable overlander. It seems like you have a different vehicle in your mind. The R51 and E350 are in no way comparable, or very few ways. I think if the desire and goal is to build a E350 (finances allowing of course), that's what I would do.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Last edited:

bigskypylot

Explorer
I have, he added me to his FB group. Those front brakes are awesome as well!!!

Predrag has a god product for sure. He' invested a good bit of time and money in to developing that intake. I really like the quality of the hoses, too. I got them in the group buy that he had so I couldn't pass that up. I really hope someone comes up with a dual fan set-up for the cooling system. I haven't seen the brakes, you mentioned.

bigskypylot

Explorer

jsexton

Observer
I have, he added me to his FB group. Those front brakes are awesome as well!!!

what are these brakes you speak of?

BTW, looking good man! I thought really really hard about getting a V8 pathy and building it. Decided to stick with the x a while longer (blew the engine, new one is in the garage).

N.Y.X.

Observer
Hey bigskypylot, my name is Christopher, I'll put together the list and get it posted!! As far as the brakes go, they are absolutely brilliant!! I don't know the price tag yet though. But like anything researched and developed by enthusiasts and not a big corporation will be pricey, the fact that they are akebono doesn't help the price tag either lol!!! I posted a pic below and the link to the FB thread that gives you all the details.

Hey jsexton, long time!!! And thanks!! The IFS has some struggles and the aftermarket is less than adequate... but it works for now!! I just got done designing the rear drawer/bed system... We'll see how it turns out!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/174299526621055/permalink/174329653284709/?hc_location=ufi

Untitled.jpg

N.Y.X.

Observer
Here's what I have for the wiring/water/etc.
  • Dura Faucet (DF-SA110C-ORB) RV Tub & Shower Faucet
  • 11 Gallon RV Fresh Water Tank 208011 (This is custom made and they install the fittings below)
  • Installed Dura-Cast RWT Standard Tank Fitting Package RWT-FITTINGS
  • Everbilt 1-3/4 in. Stainless-Steel Clamp
  • Charlotte Pipe 1-1/2 in. PVC Sch. 40 FPT Cap
  • KOHLER Accent Kitchen Side Spray in Polished Chrome
  • Everbilt 3/8 in. I.D. x 1/2 in. MIP Plastic Hose Barb Elbow
  • Charlotte Pipe 1-1/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 Plug
  • Everbilt 1-1/4 in. x 24 ft. Sump Pump Discharge Hose Kit
  • OCSParts MTLB-6 3/8" Brass Barb x Barb Ball Valve
  • LDR 516 B3810 Clear Braided Nylon Tubing, 3/8-Inch ID
  • Anderson Metals Brass Hose Fitting, Tee, 3/8" x 3/8" x 3/8" Barb
  • InstallGear 4 Gauge Complete Amp Kit Amplifier Installation Wiring Wire
  • Blue Sea Systems ST Blade ATO/ATC Fuse Blocks
  • Flojet 03526-144A Triplex Diaphragm Automatic Water System Pump, 2.9 GPM
    44.jpg

Last edited:

jsexton

Observer
It has been for sure. I’m glad to see you are still building and in a Nissan!

I took a really good look under the pathy. Doesn’t look very hard at all to remove all the IRS, weld some fronty spring and shackle hangers on and bolt up a fronty axle and leaf springs. I was really really close to bailing on my x and doing that. Hint hint wink wink haha

bigskypylot

Explorer
Hey bigskypylot, my name is Christopher, I'll put together the list and get it posted!! As far as the brakes go, they are absolutely brilliant!! I don't know the price tag yet though. But like anything researched and developed by enthusiasts and not a big corporation will be pricey, the fact that they are akebono doesn't help the price tag either lol!!! I posted a pic below and the link to the FB thread that gives you all the details.

Hey jsexton, long time!!! And thanks!! The IFS has some struggles and the aftermarket is less than adequate... but it works for now!! I just got done designing the rear drawer/bed system... We'll see how it turns out!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/174299526621055/permalink/174329653284709/?hc_location=ufi

View attachment 463903
Hey Christopher, Seth here. Thanks so much for the list and those are some snazzy looking calipers. I am going with the 12.6" brakes for a full 2006 Titan swap. I am rebuilding some factory OEM calipers that we cleaned up, blasted and painted black with hi-temp paint. As for rotors, I am going with the Frozen rotors plain-face due to the fact that my experience with slotted was not good. Had EBS USR Slotted and some debris got stuck in the slots and ruined the pads. I had Stillen as well and don't need the cross-drilled for my application. Those are probably 13"+ rotors, I assume?

bigskypylot

Explorer
Here's what I have for the wiring/water/etc.
  • Dura Faucet (DF-SA110C-ORB) RV Tub & Shower Faucet
  • 11 Gallon RV Fresh Water Tank 208011 (This is custom made and they install the fittings below)
  • Installed Dura-Cast RWT Standard Tank Fitting Package RWT-FITTINGS
  • Everbilt 1-3/4 in. Stainless-Steel Clamp
  • Charlotte Pipe 1-1/2 in. PVC Sch. 40 FPT Cap
  • KOHLER Accent Kitchen Side Spray in Polished Chrome
  • Everbilt 3/8 in. I.D. x 1/2 in. MIP Plastic Hose Barb Elbow
  • Charlotte Pipe 1-1/4 in. PVC Sch. 40 Plug
  • Everbilt 1-1/4 in. x 24 ft. Sump Pump Discharge Hose Kit
  • OCSParts MTLB-6 3/8" Brass Barb x Barb Ball Valve
  • LDR 516 B3810 Clear Braided Nylon Tubing, 3/8-Inch ID
  • Anderson Metals Brass Hose Fitting, Tee, 3/8" x 3/8" x 3/8" Barb
  • InstallGear 4 Gauge Complete Amp Kit Amplifier Installation Wiring Wire
  • Blue Sea Systems ST Blade ATO/ATC Fuse Blocks
  • Flojet 03526-144A Triplex Diaphragm Automatic Water System Pump, 2.9 GPM
    View attachment 463907
looks good! Thanks for taking the time to post the list up :) I'm wondering if that could be wrapped in insulation and in a foamboard box or something for those that need water when in the colder months and winter camping or maybe a heating element placed inside? :) Just thinking of things I may run in to looking ahead. Thanks again!

Seth

N.Y.X.

Observer
Great points Seth, for winter I usually just clear the line and put it away. I will use 2, 5 gallon scepter tanks. But that's a great idea for a year round water supply. I guess my thoughts would be "is the juice worth the squeeze" if you know what I mean. We would need to calculate some R values from insulation relevant to coldest winter temps in CO/MT. I park in the garage, so it doesn't get below 0 often in there or when I am winter camping, but if you don't have a garage, with the wind chill, these vehicles will get pretty cold!! I am wondering what type of insulation would be necessary to guarantee plastic not breaking from freezing water, but an added heating element would be great too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles