2008 MC330 Host Class C Motorhome F550 4X4 Diesel Crew cab Quad...

D

Deleted member 9101

Other than the price and the 6.4 under the hood, I really like it. It's probably as close to "perfect" for my family as any RV can get.

D

Deleted member 9101

The only sand it will see is the sand on the roads after it snows.

That all depends on who ownes it...lol.

Considering I've had to pull out a couple of Class C's that got stuck in their camp spots at a State park camp ground (heavy rain, ground got soft, RVs sank) I can see how it could be helpful... If nothing else it won't hurt to have it.

peekay

Adventurer
it's also nice to have real seats for the family, instead of sitting at the dinette or whatever. I had a Tiger on an F350 and while I was sleeping the back with no seat belt, my wife rolled it. My 4 year old was in a car seat that I had mounted to the floor (thankfully, into the frame). Luckily, we suffered no serious injuries.

The Toy Guy

Observer
I have been watching this model - 3 kids, 2 dogs and 1 wife with a new Covid puppy on the way -
Not looking for a rock crawler but our goal is

1. use on Ski Trips - Beach trips - ( does anyone have experience with this beast on sand?

2. Beach - On the Northern Oregon Coast there is a great 10 mile(?) strip to drive on - our ever shrinking 2wd 2008 Sprinter has gotten stuck a few times and I am so tired of digging vehicles out this lifetime...

Does anyone have experience with the OEM Hosts on Sand?

3. Overland goal - Alaska across Canada with family 4X4 might come in handy, is this typical crap US RV constrution or do they tend to hold up? They appear to make some great campers.

4. Does anyone have experience with this type of unit in terms of beefing up security to reduce likelihood of smash and grab thefts when the dogs are not on duty on a hot summer day? Interior metal mesh over windows?

Thanks - have seen these in the 89-120K range, I wonder what it will be in six years when we will no longer need such a beast.

Joe917

Explorer
If a 2wd sprinter gets stuck on the beach that thing will for sure. You would be out of your mind to drive that onto a beach!

nyyankees588

Chris over @ ujoint has built out quite a few large 4x4 RVs on the econoline chassis. Apparently a lot go to upstate NY (Long Island/other beaches) and they do pretty well in the sand. I would be pretty scared to test that myself, but if you air down your tires and have some recovery gear in case, it might work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94