2008 Land Rover LR3 Expedition Ready - Sold!

penguincoder

Observer
First, I am asking $12,000 and I am located in Signal Mountain, TN. It has 129,000 on the dial.

Secondly, an explanation. I have a turn-key ready expedition vehicle up for sale. It has been extensively modified from stock but is still suitable as a daily driver. I have lots of maintenance records and receipts for parts installed. This model has dual air conditioners and the HD package with the factory rear locking differential. It's the best of the best of LR3s.

Notable improvements include:
* Dual battery system with Optima yellow top secondary
* High output alternator
* Wired two always-on 12V outlets in the rear cargo compartment (good for a fridge)
* ARB Safari Bull Bar
* 12.5k Superwinch with synthetic line
* 2" lift rods
* Gap IID diagnostic tool
* wheel spacers and 32" MT tires
* Custom built rock sliders
* Custom fabricated rear bumper with recovery points and swing out
* Relocated spare tire to swingout
* Room for 2 jerry cans on swingout
* Safari Snorkel (plus a brand new windshield!)
* Trailer brake controller

I have taken this Rover all over and I would not hesitate to drive to Prudhoe Bay in it. (Well, I would get some gas cans, but you know, most people would, too).

I am also including a large amount of spares:

* New synthetic transmission fluid and filter
* All remaining volumes of exotic differential fluids
* A set of stock-sized Continental HT tires, about 50% tread
* A set of 5 brand-new-with-stickers 260/65R18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
* The original lift rods
* Spare set of spark plugs
* Cattle/dog guard for the rear cargo compartment
* Probably some other things that I can't remember at this exact moment.

I have performed a lot of preventative and corrective maintenance on this SUV. I have all receipts from LR Chattanooga for the major work.

* All spark plugs replaced
* New water pump
* New thermostat housing and thermostat
* New serpentine belts
* New air filter
* Recent (< 2k miles) fully synthetic oil change with filter
* Replaced front rotors and pads
* Added braided synthetic brake lines to all 4 corners

It does have a few small things wrong with it, after all it's a 10 year old SUV. It's good to drive away today, all it needs is gas! There are two trim pieces on the passenger side that are loose from a close encounter with a tree and the rear brake pads need to be replaced. I can't think of anything else this guy needs to be ready to go.

I have priced this at about $10k plus the cost of the modifications, which are generally in good to great shape. I am open to offers, just let me know. This machine represents a great and serious accomplishment in my life but I have had an even bigger opportunity for overland travel fall into my lap this week and my wife offered me to sell the LR to make the change, and I am jumping on the chance.

Thanks for looking and I would appreciate any constructive feedback.

There is a full album of images available for your perusal.

DSC_3065_thumb.jpg

[edit: changed price and added mileage]

Last edited:

penguincoder

Observer
I have forgotten to mention, I had the air suspension compressor replaced at the Land Rover dealer with the newer Hitachi unit in the last year. It should be good to go for more than another 100,000 miles.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Nice build out. Have a buddy with a stock LR3 HD (rear locker model) his only mod is AT tires, amazingly capable rig.

LtFuzz

Explorer
I have forgotten to mention, I had the air suspension compressor replaced at the Land Rover dealer with the newer Hitachi unit in the last year. It should be good to go for more than another 100,000 miles.

Hitachi or AMK? The Hitachi units were once OEM but they failed too frequently and so LR had them replaced with AMK across the board.

penguincoder

Observer
Hitachi or AMK? The Hitachi units were once OEM but they failed too frequently and so LR had them replaced with AMK across the board.

I just checked the original invoice, it's AMK. My memory isn't what it used to be. It's just over a year installed, now.

penguincoder

Observer
Yes, but I have decided to keep the rack and awning. Once I get back from my current adventure exploring New England later this week I will update the pictures and change the price accordingly.

John7M7

Interesting. Could you upload pictures of the frame please? Any rust?

Also, do you have a clean title?

Thanks,
Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles