2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel Limited 4x4 - $8000 - East Texas

dmolson92

Observer
Located outside of Crockett, Tx

Putting my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD 4x4 up for sale. I have had this for about 4 years now and love it. My wife and I are pregnant and we need more space for us, our two dogs, and our new child.

It has leather, power everything, sunroof. Interior is the pretty great shape. There are a few plastic scratches and light leather scratches here and there. Loaded with everything, except navigation. I would say the interior is 8/10.

It DOES have some desert pinstriping (thanks to Big Bend area) and a few deeper scratched from it being used as my overland rig. These should buff out with a good was a job, but I have not attempted. The front bumper also has a small crack from bumping a bump gate a bit too hard. Rear bumper got into an argument with a cactus and cactus scratched back. I will do my best to take photos of the said damage. The exterior would be 7/10.

Mechanically, she's 100%. Just did oil, fuel, and air filter. I also did an elephant hose mod to not have the exhaust recirculating into the turbo inlet. This is easy to reverse if the buyer wants to do so. This was done for the longevity of the engine and to help the engine breath fresh air, not oily exhaust gases. I replaced all glow plugs and the glow plug module when I purchased it. No other major service has been needed. I did a modified Old Man Emu lift right after I bought. This consists OME medium rate springs and Bilstein 5100s all around. The rear also got a 1-inch spacer to level it out. I also have an adjustable track bar in the rear to center the rear axle. The front also got JBA UCA's which corrects caster angle and the Balljoints are replaceable. It rides great and gave it the lift to fit 285/75r17s.

Currently, it is riding on JKU Rubi Hard Rock wheels. Some rock/curb rash on them. They are wrapped in 255/80r17 Cooper ST Maxxs with approx 10000 miles on them. I also put 1.5" spidertaxx wheel spacers to fit the old larger 285/75r17 I used to have.

I also added a steel armadillo steel front skid plate and steel armadillo front clevis mounts.

The current setup cruises around 21 mpg and has torque for days. We love this vehicle and if it was a little bigger we would not be selling it.

Current mileage is 130,000, but it will go up as it is the daily.

I did my best to detail any known issues. Please contact me with any other questions. Thanks.

follow below link to see photos of the rig.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/spBsSKfIqZoxajKZ2

Last edited:

RoverFan

As the former owner of a Hemi Limited on OME suspension, I can attest to the capability of these things. If it had the clearance and one tire had traction, it would go up and over anything it was pointed at. I imagine the diesel does the same with less fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles