PRICE DROP: $16,900: 2008 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4, 6.0 Diesel,

Eubank

2008 Ford E350 Super Duty Van, 6.0 Diesel
Mileage: 104,450 mi (daily driver so will increase)
Title: Clean in hand
VIN: 1FBNE31P58DB33124

IMG_20190813_140017.jpg

SUMMARY:

I’m selling my Quigley 4x4 2008 Ford E350XL Super Duty Van with a 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel. I am the second owner and have had a blast with it- otherwise the van has been living out a quiet retirement in dry New Mexico after 8 years as a fleet vehicle in MN prior. The 4L/4H is fantastic off-road. It completed a 3200mi trip around the west and has seen a lot of family adventure. I have steadily been improving the van- it still has some minor issues to address when you take the ball… The bottom of the van has some rust but not as heavy as would be expected for spending time in MN. I have purchased an XLT 4x4 van with more amenities and now need to sell the diesel Quigley. It was manufactured as an 8 seat van but the prior owner and I have used the 3rd row seat (free and included if you like).

INTERIOR:

Van is an XL so had vinyl seats/floor originally. XL package is basic and utilitarian (crank windows, manual locks, webbing door hinge stops, no cruise control). This said, I gutted/cleaned interior and installed carpet, nice cloth seats throughout, tinted the windows and replaced the plastic foot wells so the interior is all replaced less the dash and headliner.

ENGINE:

The 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel is largely stock (no Bulletproofing I am aware of). The 6.0 uses the preferred 5 speed 5R110W transmission. Typical of other 6.0s at ~100kmi, it runs very well after it warms up but will eventually need new injectors and general servicing. I run full synthetic oil and it starts well even in below freezing in NM winters (has a block heater I have never needed to use).

• Replaced while I have owned: New tensioner pulley + belt, FICM power board, starter.
  • Check Engine Light: On occasion it will send a P0683 code (“Glow Plug Control Module to PCM Communication communication lost”) until it self resets after a few driving cycles. Glow plugs are used to start the engine and not used on a diesel thereafter. I have never had issues starting and so have not chased down the loose wire. Other dash lights: tire pressure monitor light (replace sensors if you wish), airbag light (seats need connection to occupancy sensor).
  • Van was equipped from the fleet owner with a single massive sealed lead acid battery (see photos). Historically, 6.0L vans use a dual battery setup mounted to the frame beneath the front passenger seat. I have one new battery box that I’ll include if you wish to return to this setup and use the AGM battery as a house battery in a camper build.

A/C:

New compressor w/ A/C overhaul- blows cold. High setting in front A/C inop but medium setting works & rear A/C low-->high works and is very cold so the van cools quickly in NM summers. (I replaced the switch panel with the incorrect part- using the correct part would remedy this but it gets cold so quick I never bothered).

OTHER MINOR ISSUES:

Shift lever on column is loose- it is still easy to shift but takes getting used to. 4x4 light does not illuminate and the emergency brake and windshield *washers* are inoperative (windshield *wipers* work fine) and need some DIY repair. Someone recently backed into the front brush guard and bent it and broke a weld; no contact with bumper/body so I suppose it did its job- I can remove it or you can repair the weld. Front pinion seal leaks a bit and will need to be replaced eventually; other general maintenance items for a 104kmi truck may be needed at some point… In other words, the van has ~105kmi and is sold as is.

OTHER MAINTENANCE COMPLETED:

Front end realigned and new steering damper installed, instrument panel lights serviced, rear axle rebuilt.

TIRES: 1 year old 31.5” tires- BigO All Terrain LT265/70R17 M+S on Ford steel 17” F350 wheels. Lots of tread left.

BODY:

Body has a few rusted through spots but is in otherwise reasonably good condition (see photos). It was Rhino lined at birth on the lower body although it is peeling a bit at the bottom edge. The worst rust is in the rear wheel wells and there is one rusted through spot near the front passenger foot well (see photos). Most other chassis rust is surface. Front and side doors all latch closed- this said they all rattle a good amount. Yellow highway strobe flashers work, joystick controlled spotlight works but was sheared off by a low hanging tree and needs to be remounted after minor repair to body where it mounted. Highway speeds can be noisy with diesel, roof rack wind noise, door rattle, and the noise of off road tires but this is common to 4x4 diesel vans and I regularly use it at interstate speeds. Rear bumper is bent from prior owner but does include a new trailer connector. Roof rack and ladder are in good condition and super handy.

INCLUDED / OTHER:

2 heavy duty front coil springs (Quigley sourced?) to offset weight of a front winch if you ever install one, lots of spare interior parts if you would like them. Joystick controlled spotlight works and is included but needs to be remounted. Free if you would like it: Extra rear 4 passenger seat w/ mounting hardware (we can mount at time of sale). Also included (from friend w/ an unrelated 6.0 PSD): 8 glow plugs, 2 glow plug controller modules. Roof rack and ladder installed, backup beeper remains but I installed an inline connector so it can be activated or deactivated easily. New 7-pin round + 4 pin flat trailer connector installed on rear bumper with all pins functional & trailer brake controller included (diesel ready to tow).

BOTTOM LINE:

This van is is a blast- lots of great memories! It was a fleet van (i.e. XL crank windows…) and retains a cool industrial feel now as well. I bought a more refined XLT 4x4 van with DVD player/keyless entry... for the family… I’ll miss the diesel but need to sell an extra van.

I have done my best to describe the van, its pros and cons but feel free to email and ask for details on anything else. These vans are bought/sold on a national level so serious inquiries only please.

ASKING PRICE: $17,900 OBO.

4x4 van, 4wd van, E350, sportsmobile, overland, rig, #vanlife, vanlife,

quigley, bullet proof, Aluminess, sprinter, ujoint, ujor, transit, promaster, advanced offroad, boulder, pathfinder, quadravan, roadtrek, #vanlife, tiny home

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 982
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 918
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 824
  • IMG-0188.JPG
    IMG-0188.JPG