2008 Earthroamer for sale

Msand

Importer
Whenever you buy or sell a vehicle there will always be disappointed people that wish they would've pulled the trigger sooner, always. I guarantee if Maxbergi went there with a cashiers check for $90,000 he would've drove it home. So going to harass someone, and hoping their vehicle gives them a lot of trouble for buying a camper before someone else is pretty low- making you, Arten Fab, unethical and sleazy. Like you said "its a very very small community" if you bully individuals, and hope bad things upon them it doesn't look good. Especially if you own a company that is geared towards selling to this small (realistically very large) community.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
The fact Blackwell has been silent except his curt "As you can all see the vehicle is sold and I have accumulated one dissatisfied interested party" response tells me he knows he was wrong but dollars speak louder than a verbal contract/ethics. I don't blame buyer and put wrong squarely on shoulders of Blackwell.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I wasn't there, so I don't know what went down. I just think it is sad though. There is a lot of emotion involved in these type of vehicles. It's not just your car you drive to and from work. Dreams are lived with these kind of vehicles. I would like to hear the seller's take on what happened, but he has no obligation to tell us, and frankly, it's no ones business but the parties that were directly involved.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Don't care if it's $90.00 or $90k, bad form. Good luck to the buyer, hope you find something better and the seller isn't a ************ bag.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Msand,
Nice find.
I wonder how the 450 differs from the 550?
My last rig was a Sportsmobile with a 7.3, which i loved. That 6.0 scares the crap outta me.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Just read through this. In the panoply of buyer/seller interactions....... I wonder how many THOUSANDS of times sellers hold an item for people that claim they are going to buy something and spew all kinds of platitudes like "Consider it sold" or "the check's in the mail" who then don't end up buying it. Versus the number of times a buyer gets butthurt because they found out money talks and bullSH*% walks.

I'm guessing the ratio is about 1,000:1.

Last edited:

Coachgeo

Explorer
Just read through this. In the panoply of buyer/seller interactions....... I wonder how many THOUSANDS of times sellers hold an item for people that claim they are going to buy something and spew all kinds of platitudes like "Consider it sold" or "the check's in the mail" who then don't end up buying it. Versus the number of times a buyer gets butthurt because they found out money talks and bullSH*% walks.

I got more respect for humanity.... while it appears you don't have accurate data.... "neither do I"... but suspect it is between 70% or more of folk who say they will show up with the money.... actually do as they say.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
he guy who paid $100K for it is prolly gonna flip it for $120K.

It's funny you say that. The broker that bought my SMB today was simply going to bulletproof it and then turn around and ask some exorbitant amount for it. Paid full price and everybody's happy. Viva La Capitalism

wilderness

Adventurer

It doesn't matter. Its not the same. The seller can usually easily sell it to the next person in line . The buyer can't always just go find another whatever they're looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94