2008 Earthroamer - 61K Miles - $170,000

taylor3633

Observer
Man, dig that wheel and tire setup and also the tan with black accents. Nice looking unit!

Zip, from what I’ve heard the 6.4 does’t lend itself to bulletproofing like the 6.0 but I know little about that engine.

Reactions: zip

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
6.4L is the weak link here, otherwise this XV-LT is a deal (well, it's still a deal, just budget for a different engine). Cummins would be sweet, but probably a PITA without taking the body off (huge PITA).

D

Deleted member 9101

6.4L is the weak link here, otherwise this XV-LT is a deal (well, it's still a deal, just budget for a different engine). Cummins would be sweet, but probably a PITA without taking the body off (huge PITA).

Naaa...you can do the swap with the body still on.

taylor3633

Observer
Lol...10k in parts maybe. If you have to pay a shop to do the swap it can easily be 15-20k.

Thats what I was thinking… Don’t know what work in other parts of the country look like but round these parts (Gallatin County, MT) I doubt I could get a cummins swap done on my XV-LT for less than $20k, maybe more like $25k. I asked a local Land Cruiser shop about an R2.8 swap into a 70 series and he said ~$30k…

I too felt like this is a relative deal. There is (it sold but the listing is still up) another one listed on RVT (https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2008-Earthroamer-XV-LT-XV-LT-5017324365) for $170k that the owner said he sold in two days. I am not in the market but I like to keep a pulse on the market (probably) like the rest of you and I was also interested in knowing more about the wheel/tire package that he had.

As a side note, I remain thrilled with my XV-LT (#35). I have put about 10k miles on it in the (just over) year that I have owned it and have had it through some pretty rugged terrain in Moab and Montana without issue. I think the greater forum would be interested in an update on this unit/purchase as the sale price caused a bit of a stir, maybe I’ll get around to a post.

Last edited:

resolutefool

Thats what I was thinking… Don’t know what work in other parts of the country look like but round these parts (Gallatin County, MT) I doubt I could get a cummins swap done on my XV-LT for less than $20k, maybe more like $25k. I asked a local Land Cruiser shop about an R2.8 swap into a 70 series and he said ~$30k…

I too felt like this is a relative deal. There is (it sold but the listing is still up) another one listed on RVT (https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2008-Earthroamer-XV-LT-XV-LT-5017324365) for $170k that the owner said he sold in two days. I am not in the market but I like to keep a pulse on the market (probably) like the rest of you and I was also interested in knowing more about the wheel/tire package that he had.

As a side note, I remain thrilled with my XV-LT (#35). I have put about 20k miles on it in the (just over) year that I have owned it and have had it through some pretty rugged terrain in Moab and Montana without issue. I think the greater forum would be interested in an update on this unit/purchase as the sale price caused a bit of a stir, maybe I’ll get around to a post.

We purchased #32 this past April - would love to compare notes with you some time. I have a set of G275s on Hutchinsons waiting to go on mine once I figure out what to do with the suspension. I'm also curious about comments I've seen regarding the frames cracking on early units. Does yours have the Kelderman setup?

taylor3633

Observer
No Kelderman, I would love to drive a rig with it and see what the difference is. I spoke with Kelderman this spring to price out the work and it came to ~$25k. My rig drives well on the highway and off-road and as much as I fawn over the G275/Hutchinson setup I find it hard to justify the expense. Last time I spoke with ER they said $50k for the suspension/body work which doesn't include wheels/tires. I will PM you with my contact info, I too would love to compare notes.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
We purchased #32 this past April - would love to compare notes with you some time. I have a set of G275s on Hutchinsons waiting to go on mine once I figure out what to do with the suspension. I'm also curious about comments I've seen regarding the frames cracking on early units. Does yours have the Kelderman setup?

There is a good write up on the ER forum about the frame cracking issue.
The author felt this was happening at full articulation when the body made contact with the frame.
He lifted his body with spacers.

resolutefool

There is a good write up on the ER forum about the frame cracking issue.
The author felt this was happening at full articulation when the body made contact with the frame.
He lifted his body with spacers.

Just dug that up, thanks!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
No Kelderman, I would love to drive a rig with it and see what the difference is. I spoke with Kelderman this spring to price out the work and it came to ~$25k. My rig drives well on the highway and off-road and as much as I fawn over the G275/Hutchinson setup I find it hard to justify the expense. Last time I spoke with ER they said $50k for the suspension/body work which doesn't include wheels/tires. I will PM you with my contact info, I too would love to compare notes.

To note, you have King susp on your #35, correct Taylor?

$50k for susp (and what body work--Bushwacker flares?)? ER is out of control with pricing. Come back to reality.

taylor3633

Observer
To note, you have King susp on your #35, correct Taylor?

$50k for susp (and what body work--Bushwacker flares?)? ER is out of control with pricing. Come back to reality.

Yes, I upgraded to the King suspension last year. I agree that their pricing is a bit unsavory.

I will be taking #35 on the White Rim Trail this week, both nervous and excited to put it through the paces…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94