2007 Suburban - MUDHORN

Looking good. Truck sits good and looks very proportional.

Thanks Drei! Proportions is the number one thing I'm trying to balance out with this build. And although I do like the practical benefits the tow mirrors give me (better angles for sight lines and visibility), sometimes I think they look out of place.. not 100% sold on them yet. But not much more is gonna change on Mudhorn now for a bit as all excess cash is being stowed away for a down payment on a house.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Thanks Drei! Proportions is the number one thing I'm trying to balance out with this build. And although I do like the practical benefits the tow mirrors give me (better angles for sight lines and visibility), sometimes I think they look out of place.. not 100% sold on them yet. But not much more is gonna change on Mudhorn now for a bit as all excess cash is being stowed away for a down payment on a house.

JeepinPenguin,

I'm glad you said it first about your dumbo ears, I mean mirrors, lol. When I bought my 2500, that was the first thing that came off and normal small mirrors went on.

Btw, did you ever pull the captains middle row and replace it with a bench? Or stick the best 5 cupholder center jump seat in the middle row?

JeepinPenguin,

I'm glad you said it first about your dumbo ears, I mean mirrors, lol. When I bought my 2500, that was the first thing that came off and normal small mirrors went on.

Btw, did you ever pull the captains middle row and replace it with a bench? Or stick the best 5 cupholder center jump seat in the middle row?

Hahah Drei! Nah man - feel free to provide constructive criticism on MudHorn whenever. I'll admit the dumbo ears were a lapse in judgement... When I bought it, the passenger mirror flopped like crazy and rattled. I think the folding hinge for collapsing the mirror was on it was out the door. And I thought "yay cool tow mirrors". Luckily they weren't too much, and I bet within a year I will be back to small ones. With a potential long distance move in my future, maybe I'll at least get my moneys worth out of them when I need to haul a 20+ ft trailer 700 miles lol. But I can wholeheartedly agree that they mess up the proportions, and admit I made a mistake getting them lol

So currently the interior is still the 7 seater setup with captains up front, captains in the middle, and third row still there. I still have the center console i picked up for cheap and eventually want to look to either make or have someone fabricate a bracket for me to mount it. And if I do that, I think I may pull the third row and make bigger pull out drawers in the back. But currently still regular captains chairs in the middle.

hg1027

Maybe I missed it, where did you get the spindle? It looks like the smittybilt piece comes with a full replacement jeep bumper, maybe you just used that. I'm interested in making the same, but I'd probably do it from scratch.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
How's the Mudhorn doing? Any new updates? On a side note I have officially joined the GMT900 mafia with a 2007 Yukon XL which will have just about every part that fits from my 2000 Sub swapped over.

6WDwcoW.jpg

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
What size tires are you running right now? Can you post a pic from the side to see how they clear the fenders?

I just finished a 2" "level lift" up front and looking for a set of small tires until I get the body lift in, 4.56 gears and ready to bolt up the 37s.

I am torn between 285/70R17 (32.7" x 11.2") and 285/75R17 (33.8" x 11.2"). Bigger is always better but I don't really want to start trimming fenders just yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles