2007 Sequoia...aka The BigTree

toyotech

Expedition Leader
No, I haven't. I just managed to zip tie them out of the way.

I talked to him. He said no one has talked to him about it. Let him know if you want the bracket. Or you can use angle iron and redo the mount for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bankska11

Subscribed. Quick story for ya'll- We have 2 kids. Was looking for a 100 to do a nice build on. Wife and I got drunk and she got pregnant with an "oops" 3rd kid. Turns out that 3rd kid was actually identical twins. So...here I am, now looking for a 1st Gen Sequoia to do a mild build on. This thread is great. Looking forward to following it.

JohnieSoldier

It's alil old....any update on the rear bumper for 1st gen sequoia? I'm here in socal....what was the front bumpers running? those look super sharp.

ukrboy

Observer
It's alil old....any update on the rear bumper for 1st gen sequoia? I'm here in socal....what was the front bumpers running? those look super sharp.

Brute Force fab have just completed the design for the first gen Sequoia rear bumper. Look them up.

best looking seqouia ive seen..now i have to look up some parts for my 04. thinking its going to become the expo rig, not just the trailer hauler. thanks for the ideas.

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
best looking seqouia ive seen..now i have to look up some parts for my 04. thinking its going to become the expo rig, not just the trailer hauler. thanks for the ideas.

Thanks for the kind words. I've gotta get all the new stuff updated on here. The ADS, OME and Total Chaos suspension has been installed for a couple months (yes it was sitting in my garage for like a year uninstalled) and is by far the greatest ride. I got Toyo Open Country A/T II in 255/80R17 installed. (this is the first AT tire I've ever had, always been a MT guy, I guess with age comes function over looks) Rides like a Cadillac now. I also ordered an ARB 47L from Northrodge4x4 when they had their best price ever promotion. That got delivered last week as well as the ARB wiring harness. Now I need a fridge slide and am researching the best AGM battery for my purposes. I do NOT want a dual battery set up. I figured the X2 from batteries plus in 27F (direct replacement) hooked up to a renorgy 100w solar panel kit mounted to my roof rack would be sufficient for me. Probably order the solar and battery within the week unless someone here has better idea.

basing110

Observer
Im Basically going to be running the exact same battery and solar panel as you with a victron charge controller with the bluetooth dongle in my 4th gen 4runner. Im going to install my 51qt indel b fridge. Just got my wiring kit and have the fridge already. Will be buying battery in 2 weeks when i get paid again. From my research this setup seems the best as the group 31 batteries seem to eat up alternators unless you spend a pretty penny for a high ouput one.

CDNChris

Observer
Keep this thread moving! And please update with some pictures BigTree. This vehicle has recently piqued my interest as I'm feeling the need for a larger vehicle.

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
hehe I am just a little younger and faster than you haha Retired Tanker....Anyway BigTree4x4, spring is almost here and it is time to come out in the sun. Show us some more mod like 35s? haha I wonder what would it take to fit 35s and do we have to regear for that since the TREE come with v8 plenty of horse to push those 35s....personally I think the 33s still look kinda small for the Tree for look wise. 35s should be better but I think the Tree is gonna get 9-10 mpg with all the gears during expo trip Ouch!

attachment.php

First 1st Gen with 35’s with IFS? Possibly?

So I went with a 255/80R17 Toyo Open Country AT II (about 5k miles) and wasn’t really happy with the look or the wear of the tires. So over the weekend I did put on a set of 35X12.5R17 Falken MT 01’s. It did take a little cutting of the pinch weld seams but after that I have no rubbing. I know pictures or it didn’t happen .... soon to come!

Last edited:

bctriple3

Lets see those 35s. I am next on the line. At one point I was ready to trim my flare and cut anything that need to clear 35s but I wasn't ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles