2007 Pajero shorty build thread

Cruisn

Adventurer
Bit more work getting done in South africa. we found fuel an issue on long runs, so I have added 1 more jerry can holder. also got the gas bottle holders installed instead of straps as i had one come crashing into the side widow one day, luckily the window didnt break. also got some stickers for where we have been so far.

Overall we have done over 12000kms here in 70 days, the wagon mainly sees offroad or dirt roads. as we avoid tarmac as much as possible. it has held up great.

I have also picked up a SpotX for our next leg which is with me and a mate as we head back into botswana to check some places out. it will be a short 15 day drive.

link for spotx:

Link to the Instagram page: until I get my blog running this will be the most updated photos:

And the blog for future use: Still working on the site, but eventually it will be up.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
Wow, it's amazing what you were able to fit in that shorty! Also, I was excited to see the finished rear door after you patched the original spare tire location but didn't see any pics of the finished product, got any handy?

Cruisn

Adventurer
Wow, it's amazing what you were able to fit in that shorty! Also, I was excited to see the finished rear door after you patched the original spare tire location but didn't see any pics of the finished product, got any handy?

Its a heavy girl, but its all stuff we use. we lightened as much as possible and very careful packing to maximise room. I am super happy with the setup.

Here is the rear door finished: please exscuse the quality as my old wagon had broken down and I had to rush the finish so I could get to my next job.

And here is a photo setup on the salt flats:

Cruisn

Adventurer
Back to blogging mods until the next chapter begins. A basic run down of my simple electric setup.

Cruisn

Adventurer
So small update so far, basically, I have taken my chance to order parts while in Canada to save on issues in Turkey where the wagon currently is.
So far we have:

steering rack - got destroyed racing... who would of guessed...
2 x diff breather kits
all factory parts required to make the factory rear locker activate
traction control cancel switch by cronos 4wd
all seals and gaskets to open the top end and replace all the fuel lines and gaskets as well as I will do a valve clearance.
also got some LED bulbs for the interior
new trans mount
few other small tid bits to ensure clean running for years to come as a life on the road is very hard on these vehicles specialy with how I drive it.

Oh and Auber gauges for the EGT, Boost and Trans temps. plus some customs panels from natilus engineering to hold said items.

Cat Approves.

The fun button:

Cruisn

Adventurer
Got my goodies from Colin,

Going with the new switch panel to clean up the dash, and also install the 12v panel replacement card which has room for 3 auber gauges, my transfer pump switch and the battery connector switch. Very good quality and impressed so far. cant wait to install.

(edited)_switch_panel.jpg
1639583937399.gif

switch_panel_2.jpg
1639583937418.gif

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well the solar panels arrived today which was great, dual 70W panels to mount on the bonnet. Have the controller and all, so this will be a nice change for when we spend a few days in town doing museums the wagon can keep the fridge going.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well I figured the website was pointless in todays day and age so I updated the side stickers for instagram. looks good. and completed on the spot. getting him to make new country stickers for me as well.

I am also getting the bonnet wrapped as I have had a clearcoat peel issue for a while now and the solar panels need to be stuck to a fresh surface so it was an easy choice. pictures to follow tomorrow.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Was a great day when you get new tyres. stayed with the same size, 265/65R18 in the standard BF all terrains, although a slighter lighter weight range, which it seems only Oz and North America get the e rating, while the rest of the world get the D rated. but still well over the weight of the car.

And of course a lovely poser shot on the way home. Antalya, Turkey

Cruisn

Adventurer
And we are straight into the electrical today, It began with stripping the dash out:

Its a little messy after all these miles

Moving onto the interior panels, I have bought a nautia engineering 7 slot switch panel which fit fantastic and looks great, all has been wired to the factory harness for simple plug and play setup, I have also had him make a custom panel for the cig lighter area, here I have my battery isolator switch for connecting the batteries if required, my fuel gauge and transfer switch for the second tank and 3 Auber gauges for trans temp, boost and egt monitoring.

I have also got the switch in place for the traction control off switch, I have ordered all factory style switches to look good on install.

Now I have also installed a factory rear locker ages ago, and now can finally finish the install, I have the air compressor and a factory switch, now the factory switch a 2 way switch the self centers and with a bit of work I was able to get it to lock into the on position, this provides power through pin 3 and 6 at connector d-120.

I have not finished chasing wires, but following the route as long as it does not send pin 6 through any ecu's on its route through connectors D-122, D-234 and into E-13 I can use the factory harness to operate a selenoid in the rear to operate the air compressor without aftermarket wiring which would be amazing. hopefully its a go.

Switch in use:

Cruisn

Adventurer
Got around to installing the cab end of the electrics, looks amazing, all lights are working on the dash switch and it cleaned up the overall look heaps.
As for the rear locker, I ended up testing the cables and was able to feed 12V to the switch through pin 3 and out of pin 6 which does in fact take power to the rear of the wagon for me to activate my diff lock manually. so that is fantastic news. later this week I will continue with electrical in the engine bay and locker install. I have a list 3 miles long for things I need to change or upgrade for the next round of trips.

Traction control off switch:

And a dark shot:

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well i brought home the jack stands and jack from storage, so that means only 1 thing, time to get up to date on the maintenance. starting tomorrow.
Few big days ahead,
will sort out the:
Valve lash
trans mount
rear diff mounts
steering rack
finish hooking up all new sensors
redo solar panels
tidy up under bonnet electrical.... fuuuu so busy.
oh and I have some new front wheel bearings I will put in for good measure.

The key to rarely if ever breaking down when on the road is keeping wear parts up to date. most of these parts being repaired are factory or changed well over 60k kms ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles