2007 Pajero shorty build thread

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Questions: Where'd the fuel tank fit? Must be nice to have that much more onboard. Damn, what's your range now?
How many k's were on it when you picked it up originally? Had that upper chain guide worn out already when you got it, leading to the work you did?
Any more work on the remapping, programming, etc?

Looks great man! Look forward to more updates. She's a beautiful rig!

Cruisn

Adventurer
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Questions: Where'd the fuel tank fit? Must be nice to have that much more onboard. Damn, what's your range now?
How many k's were on it when you picked it up originally? Had that upper chain guide worn out already when you got it, leading to the work you did?
Any more work on the remapping, programming, etc?

Looks great man! Look forward to more updates. She's a beautiful rig!

I feel like I need to start with our yearly, "hey you know my brother" hahaha. Thanks though, I love the little beast.

its a 52ish liter tank that tucks under the rear behind the diff, with an electronic transfer pump, ill snap ya a better photo tomorrow. actually as I fab my rear bumper youll see more of it.

bought it with 208000kms, the tensioners, guides, and camshafts were toast hence my good deal. all fixed up now. its at 265000kms
as for the remapping, that turned into a ******** show so I walked away with a stock vehicle but no dpf or egr, lesson learned. I run a chip and a pedal box now, gets better economy and power, with out relying on someone to fix it. very happy

A good update for today,

All my orders rocked up to start fabricating a dual swing away carrier, I know I said I wouldnt get carried away, but 2 spares seems to always needed incase for where I end up.

And bought myself a rooftop tent again. has a cheap chinese one ages ago. so decided to get a nice one. howling moon tourer, bought it used to save soem coin. will be fit this week.

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
LOL I knew it was you. Never forget a Pajevo owner, or his bro! And the gen1's plate is a dead giveaway in case one forgot... ;)

Would like to hear more about the pedal box - this is to make up for the drive by wire lag, I assume?

What about the chip? Just a fuel remap, or...? How much difference does it make? Is it specific to the CRD version of the 4m41, or could I use it on my earlier version?

Extra tank: man that tucks in nice. Would like the manufacturer's name, although possibly for naught, since shipping to Alberta would likely be prohibitive. :(

That rear bumper - love the way you've integrated that wrap around piece, and the corner is exactly how I'd do it. Keep the updates coming. Love it!

Cruisn

Adventurer
LOL I knew it was you. Never forget a Pajevo owner, or his bro! And the gen1's plate is a dead giveaway in case one forgot... ;)

Would like to hear more about the pedal box - this is to make up for the drive by wire lag, I assume?

What about the chip? Just a fuel remap, or...? How much difference does it make? Is it specific to the CRD version of the 4m41, or could I use it on my earlier version?

Extra tank: man that tucks in nice. Would like the manufacturer's name, although possibly for naught, since shipping to Alberta would likely be prohibitive. :(

That rear bumper - love the way you've integrated that wrap around piece, and the corner is exactly how I'd do it. Keep the updates coming. Love it!

Speaking of other pajeros, there was an evo fro sale here for 45000, manual. crazy stuff.

As for the pedal box, gets rid of the lag, but is annoyign to drive with in town sometimes. but mine has 5 levels, so 2 are slower, stock and 2 faster. i drive in stock everywhere until its party time, then I kick it to high gear. and she boots hard. brake boosted launch will damn near pick up a wheel, well.... maybe not that crazy but it puts you back in the seat hard.

The chip is a piggy back style, that fool sthe computer so you get some extra, it has 16 settings from 0% to 30% power gain, I run at 30% all the time, but will look into a fuel overpressure bypass as I figure that might be a future issue. Its for the CRD. you model does have chips though.

The tank is by Brown davis or long ranger, check both as they both make decent tanks, I have bought 4 long range tanks now and they all compare pretty good.

Cruisn

Adventurer
as for todays update, all closed in, now do I cut the moulding at the top of the metal of leave as is. sorta flows nice this way.

Please not this is the initial fab which involves a lot of test fit so itll look a bit rough till welded and cleaned up.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Righto, end of week update.

Got a winch... and even installed it. did a bit of mod to the bumper to make it work. also riveted the plate on so it never comes off in water. hid the control box behind the grill off to the side. overall a rather clean install:

Rear bar update:

Cruisn

Adventurer
Big day today, bumper is one. roof top tent is mounted. looking sharp. need to do the electrics still and have a new tyre coming tomorrow to match the bf.

I use factory studs and nuts for the spares so if I break anything I always have spares.

And the house mounted up:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior