2007 LC cooling fan failure

XPLRMOR

Has anyone else had the cooling fan explode. I still need to access the collateral damage but I hope the radiator is ok, It was pouring rain of course. I know I'm leaking transmission fluid, and hope its just a line. I just replaced the radiator three weeks ago (in the rain) in a parking lot on a 3500 mile road trip! Just wondering if its common?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Not at all common. They do get brittle with time and heat (like 30 years old) but more often it’s something getting dropped in there, blades getting tweaked, etc.

XPLRMOR

Not at all common. They do get brittle with time and heat (like 30 years old) but more often it’s something getting dropped in there, blades getting tweaked, etc.

Thanks for the response Cruiser Outfitters!

Found the bolts to the fan bracket assembly were extremely loose, which let the fan wobble and come in contact with the fan shroud or radiator! The bolts must not have gotten tightened when the timing belt was changed before we bought it. The belt was changed in May of 2018 (according to the sticker) and we just bought the cruiser in June 2018. Now I need to find out if the New Hampshire dealer that sold it to us changed it and hope for some compensation, or if it was changed before the dealer picked it up in Florida.

blatant1

circle up with @LandCruiserPhil if you're looking for the aux fan you probably don't have from factory, but the earlier 100's had them oem. He has a plug and play fan kit that's pretty slick and has had great reviews.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles