2007 Jeep Wrangler Four-Door (pics)

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
It just might be the FZJ80 of this decade (yes, really).

you need to be flogged now:p

actually, I think FZJ70 would be more accurate. It's very similar to the S. American FZJ70 in it's "barebones wagon" design.

I really like it and w/ a diesel, like I said, would be looking hard at it. It's a cool wagon, gotta check out the underside to see how beefy it is.

The minivan V6 is not a positive imo.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
In a few weeks I will be spending a week on the Rubicon trail working for Jeep running 160 journalists through the trail with the new JKs for their media kick off. Needless to say I am really looking forward to getting out on the trail and finding out how well the JK performs. I too am curious about some things such as the future availability of the 3.0 diesel engine etc. I will try to find out some answers to some of the questions you have posted. Once I return, I'll post my impressions and what I learn here in this thread.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
that is cool! take some pics and post them up, I'm really curious to know how it performs and your impressions of the layout!

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
dsc01424editedxu2.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
FZJ80 for the new millenium

expeditionswest said:
I
...It just might be the FZJ80 of this decade...

Here's a comparison of the Wrangler Rubicon 4Door and the FZJ80.
Wrangler will need a big injection of springs and shocks to match
the TLC. OTherwise it matches up well.

2007 Jeep 4 Door..............1997 Land Cruiser

......184.......Length.............190
......116.......Wheelbase..........112
.......74.......Width...............76
.......62.......Track...............63
.......41.......Turning circle......40
.......10.......Ground clearance....11
.......72.......Height..............73

......205.......HP.................212
......240.......Torque.............275
.......18........EPA.................13

.......86.......Cargo cu ft.........91

......4315......Curb weight..... .4834
......5240......GVWR..............6570
.......925......Cargo lbs.........1736
......3500......Towing............5000

Chip Haven

Scott Brady

Founder
Nice comparison Chip. Thanks for putting that together.

If I recall correctly, there will be a towing package allowing for 5,000 lbs.

My documentation also shows a Payload of 1,150.

I am sure it is just final revisions to specs before release.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
expeditionswest said:
tell me that is not just SWEET!
That is slick. I'm surprised it has a greater wheelbase then the 80. The interior space is much closer then the 80's then I thought it would be too. The 4 door I saw testing last winter in the UP here did not look that big really. Any guesses as to what the retail on a bare bones 4 door Rubi will be?

articulate

Expedition Leader
I sure hope the thing is as uncomfortable as a hooker in a church pew...otherwise I'm going to want one badly.

I'd guess it must approach $30,000 MSRP, no? The TJ Rubicon was close to 28 with the bells-n-whistles if I remember correctly.

Should we start a pool?

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
expeditionswest said:
3.0L V6 Diesel...
Huh? Call me Floyd Christmas; I thought it was a straight 5/6 diesel that Jeep was putting in the GC! Diesel engine's were made to be inline configured. Even Mercedes went back with their 3.2l to a straight design from a planned V6 due to longevity issues. GM failed with their rebadged V8 gasoline-turned-diesel; did also not Ford have and continue to have some V8 issue with the PowerStroke? http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ford+powerstroke+diesel+problems&btnG=Google+Search

Would not the 2.8l I4 be a better fit?

I tell you what, I don't even care anymore, just please give us a diesel (any configuration) in these Jeep products. I still say, put the 2.8l I4 CRD in the Rubi (with manual tranny BTW) and I'll sell the 3fj40 and the Ford Probe and buy one and post pictures of it all over ih8mud. :O

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Today's my Birthday, I'll take the white one please!! With a Diesel of course. Thanks for the photograph Chris. Made my day.:D

Justin
2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Adventure Trailers Chaser #15

Scott Brady

Founder
Justin,

It must be your birthday every day, because you do have the coolest toys :smiley_drive:

H1
Killer TJ
Chaser Trailer
:luxhello:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
articulate said:
I sure hope the thing is as uncomfortable as a hooker in a church pew...otherwise I'm going to want one badly.

********! I haven't heard that one before :xxrotflma

Yea, thanks for the pic of the white one Chris! Damn, that's a fine looking vehicle. Good thing they won't have a diesel or I'd have to get one. Just imagine those rear doors and seats all gone... mild lift with 33's... and a slick camper setup on the back... :drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles