2007 jeep JKU rubicon built, hemi, tons, coilovers, triples, and has been driven to Alaska and back.

2000LJ

Observer
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Link to photos
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-jeep-wrangler-jku/6565206367.html

Time to sell the JK and move on to the next vehicle I have wanted for a long time. This jeep has been owned by me for the last 5 years approx and is at home in Moab as well as the Dalton Hwy. My wife and I have driven this jeep to Alaska and back from NM as well as most of the trails and trips around NM, CO, UT, some of AZ and more. It indicated 138K miles 50k of that has been by me with 37s-40" tires, however only the body and frame have that mileage. Specs are as follows.
2007 Jeep wrangler Rubicon JKU
-5.7L Truck Hemi with mechanical fan, Cam, injectors, intake, headers. 20K approx. on motor, Engine has been dyno tuned, passes emissions here in NM no issues.
-545 RFE transmission with sonox line pressure booster, 75k miles approx. but not exactly sure
-4 speed Atlas with cable shifters, 1-1,2.72,3.8 and 10.33 ratios
-1350 driveshafts with flanges
-Kingpin dana 60 front axle with 5.38 gears, grizzly locker, Yukon chromoly shafts, Yukon hubs
-Corp 14 bolt rear, truss, 5.38s, grizzly locker, pinon guard, Yukon chromoly shafts, disc brakes
-4 wheel disk brakes with functioning park brake in rear,
-PSC hydro Assist steering with 2" ram.
-Custom snorkel intake with K&n filter
-New red top battery
-Mechanical fan with HD fan clutch
-dual pass aluminum radiator with shroud
-Block and plate trans cooler oversized
-Block and plate PS cooler oversized again
-Aux fan on trans cooler for offroad
-Full skids some alum some steel
-Poison spider crossmember
-Tera Flex long arm rear arms, custom 3 link front with parts mike rod ends
-Front 14" Fox 2.0 coilovers (flutter valve), 2.5" Sway a way Triples, 2.0 air bumps, center strapped for drive shaft, front non rubicon sway bar with disconnects for the long trips
-Rear 12" fox 2.0 coilovers (flutter valve), 2.5" Sway a way triples 8" long on custom cantilever between frame, 2.0 air bumps, strapped on both sides, currie antirock rear
-(5) 40"x13.5"x17" toyo Open country MT tires
- (5) Raceline alum beadlocks, 8 lug of course
- Centramatic Wheel balancers but it's a jeep on 40s with racelines, it does shake a bit at 75
- All rear crossmembers removed and replaced with Round tube and gussets
-Front crash bar removed and 5" approx. of frame removed for bumper
-Custom rear bumper with receiver and recovery tabs, tied in at sides and center
-Rubicon sliders with tube added
-Custom front bumper as short and stubby as possible, 8K winch with syn line, grille trimmed to fit it under, 10"led light
-Sheet of alum inner fender up front
-Poison Spider aluminum tube fenders trimmed to fit 40s all the way up, rear tub cut and welded back together to clear the 40s, will reduce price if I keep these
-Poison Spider hood louver
-Custom rear tire carrier (parts of the old ORF carrier) Holds the 40 high and tight, also holds 2 steel Gerry cans outside the tire up high, and a hilift
-Hardtop in great shape, Offroad Hero's fastback soft top if the buyer wants it as well.
-Full hard Doors with power windows all in good working order but they do have some dents from previous owner. This jeep is garage kept but gets used.
-ORF front roll cage kit bolted in.
-Stock radio but in great shape with SAT
-Seats in good shape with seat covers taking the abuse, all interior was just shampooed 2 weeks ago
-60/40 rear seat
-CB radio but most of the dash items like ipad mount will be removed
-AC blows cold

I believe that is the major things about this jeep,
Now for the things that people don't like, the body does have a fair number of scratches and dents. The jeep has all 4 custom tone rings and abs sensors but the ABS does not work, The tone rings should be remade again at one time vs the 2 different versions I have. Reason being the ABS module took a hit at some point by something on the brain and quit, it has been replaced but to reprogram the ABS it must sense and brake wheels one by one. With the aftermarket tone rings it doesn't like the information it sees so it won't program. Reason I have not addressed is well with a jeep like this abs doesn't really help, it often gets in the way of fun in the sand. I never bothered. The Atlas does not have the 250$ jk module to tell the dash to turn on the 4x4 light, which again never bothered me because I knew when in 4x4 or low. The front axle is from a 1 ton so it has about .5 of a degree of positive camber because of the heavy engine it had above it. The rear must have been overloaded before I got it and I didn't check before building it, but it has about 1 degree of negative camber. Again never really bothered me, just rotate the 2k worth of tires about 1k miles sooner than you normally would.
All of this said I am actually sad to be parting with this jeep as it's been on so many trips with my family it's a part of the family and my baby. It makes a glorious noise when on the throttle that is second to none and yes it will smoke the 40s on pavement around corners. I am not shy, I have used and tested this jeep to the limits, it has been driven on and offroad all the way to the Arctic Circle in Alaska one summer. I would not hesitate to do the trip again tomorrow or to take it to Johnson valley, Rubicon, or Moab. It tows my expo trailer with ease. I would like to get this jeep to a good home that will use it and take care of it.

Located in ABQ NM, Clean title in hand, 138,500 miles indicated
Asking $39,500 OBO, and I already have my new toy at the house so not really looking for trades, however something interesting as part trade might be possible.

Call or tx only
505eight50three079

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles