2007 GL320 CDI question

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Hi guys, I have a line on a very nice GL320 CDI (2007). What do you guys know about the suspension for this truck? I've been watching videos of it offroad and reading reviews - they tend to be quite good. The only downfall I see and read is the air suspension.

Would a GL320 CDI make a good backcountry explorer? I'm not longer rock crawling and I'm attempting to leave my go-fast days behind and just focus on camping and dirtbiking. I'll be hooking up a little trailer.

Last edited:

FLoffroad1

Observer
Tires would be my biggest concern; tirerack suggests the smallest possible wheel in 19".

Can you find some evidence of people fitting ATs on US-market GLs without SEMA one-off lifts?
After a quick peruse of Google, I cannot.

I imagine clearance would be okay, so if you can find some descent tires and you're careful, it should be capable enough for a lot of scenarios.

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Welp, I took the plunge. A 2008 GL320 CDI with airmatic suspension arrives next week. I look forward to putting it on three wheels as often as possible. With the 18" wheels, there are some good offroad tires available including Toyo Open Country and Pirelli Scorpions. I've had the scorpions before and they perform very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94