2007 Ford E350 XLT Extended Motovan/Family Camper Project...

Chaserracer

Hey Y'all!
I wanted to throw my hat in here for the fun of it and to hopefully also make use of all the incredible information being shared on here.
We just purchased an 07 ford e350 super duty xlt extended van with 69K miles on it. Full tow package and RSC advancetrack thingy...

So far the upgrades are as follows:
-Passenger bench removed and swapped for 3 person bench that folds into a bed
-Mounting and install for 2 dirtbike wheel chocs in line with the 3 tie down anchors also installed
-Added removable/washable liner for transporting dirtbikes and desert toys (we are still trying to preserve the nice carpet that's already in there so we are just laying that liner on top of it for now)
-DVD/CD/Radio touchscreen unit (van came with AM/FM only - no Aux port HA!)
-1-Way visibility vinyl for rear most windows - just a cheap alternative to tint for the time being, I'm very interested in the durability of this product as well and I like the limited visibility form the outside of the van
-Lightly fabricated 60"x80"x14" folding/collapsing metal bed frame paired with trifold queen size mattress that folds down to 12"x30"x60" *The really cool thing is the kids bench when folded down is about 18" high off the ground, the same height as our bed once the mattress pad is added so the 2 beds basically but right up against eachother for one huge sleeper! it will be cool while the girls are still little for sure

Thats all for now...I have SO MANY things I want to do but the main thing im focusing on will be a roof rack of some sort, a leveling kit and some bigger AT tires for her.
It seems like leveling these big vans can be a bit tricky and would love to get some feedback from anyone on experience with this, especially involving the e350 with the RCS feature...
I was looking through some forums and found a discussion with this combination of parts:
level kit https://fordpartsone.com/products/e250-e350-2wd-suspension-lift-kit-2-inch?variant=10590310662259
bigger coils https://www.amazon.com/Moog-CC880-Coil-Spring-Set/dp/B000C59UYU
longer front shocks to the front https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DRYOJN0/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
I am anticipating about $1200 for a good tire/rim combo locally and hopefully I can get something in exchange for the good condition stock set that are on there now.

Has anyone run this leveling kit on their van? can you please let me know if it had any negative affect on the RSC sensors or advancetrack feature?

This is our first van and we are beyond stoked! ive only just run it to the racetrack a couple times with both bikes and all the gear so far its been just awesome! we cant wait for the first camping trip.

Here are some pics - thank you in advance for anyone willing to take the time to share and interact with the new guy haha!

Attachments

• van1.jpg
    van1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 49
  • van3.JPG
    van3.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 50
  • van2.JPG
    van2.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 51
  • van5.JPG
    van5.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 49
  • van6.JPG
    van6.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 49
  • van4.JPG
    van4.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 42
  • van7.JPG
    van7.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 42

buellconvert

This looks like it's going to be a fun project and a very versatile build...I've been interested in finding one myself to build up into a two person camping/road trip/expo rig. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Chaserracer

Here is the response from the fordpartsone CSR regarding the leveling kit...

Q: I have a 2007 E350 super duty XLT van with the RSC feature. Will installing this leveling kit to accept larger tires affect the RSC sensors and negatively affect the overall quality of the ride as it is now?
A
: Hello Chase and thank you for your message. We have not installed the kit locally on a E-350 with RSC. However the kit with the mild lift amount of 2" does not adversely affect non-RSC equipped vehicles. But as always, we recommend remaining stock to maintain stock ride and height. Even taller tires will effect ride quality. Usually the taller tires improve ride quality (depending on tread) and this offsets any loss from the spacers. -The Ford Parts One Team

Still pretty foggy...Would really like to hear from someone who has actually done it.

Chaserracer

Updated pics of the sleeping situation. Pretty happy with this, really hoping it can stand up to moderate use...

Attachments

• beddown.JPG
    beddown.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 41
  • bedstored.JPG
    bedstored.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 42
Looks like a great start. Our family has an '04 E150 and love it. I think you will get better responses to this in the camper van section:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/4wd-and-2wd-camper-vans-a-k-a-vanlife.58/

What many seem to do install Moog cc880 coils and Bilstien shocks, and then there are custom lift kits (Weld Tec)

Either , feel free to go the camper van suction and go down that rabbit hole! And dream. Lots of great rigs on there.

Chaserracer

Looks like a great start. Our family has an '04 E150 and love it. I think you will get better responses to this in the camper van section:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/4wd-and-2wd-camper-vans-a-k-a-vanlife.58/

What many seem to do install Moog cc880 coils and Bilstien shocks, and then there are custom lift kits (Weld Tec)

Either , feel free to go the camper van suction and go down that rabbit hole! And dream. Lots of great rigs on there.

Thanks for the heads up! I just updated the post over in the section you recommended, thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles