2007 CHEVROLET KODIAK C4500 awd w/manual locking hubs

eporter

Adventurer
Wow, that’s a cool machine. Wonder what that sold for new?! 34k is a lot, but probably a bargain, still.
b4edff501ce32883f1b8a6f10244525c.jpg

cjken

Explorer
I would think cutting/enlarging a pass through would not be too big of a task.
Maybe some accordion gasket material.

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
I would think cutting/enlarging a pass through would not be too big of a task.
Maybe some accordion gasket material.
Yes. Ive seen it before. Remove rear window of the cab. Weld in metal. Then cut a large oval. Use accordion material. Some use two layers to insulate it but who knows. Then remove same size hole in Box and remove fixtures mounted in the back. That would be fun!!

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
I bought my 4x4 Ambulance three years ago to the day. At the same auction house and my rig is from the exact same fire dept. Running Springs. I got a steal. But it needed lots of work. Mine had 108K miles. But is an E350 4x4.

cjken

Explorer
I ended up with it.
Just could not help myself and kept smashing the bid button.
Paid more than I wanted, but have been looking for 3yrs and missed out on the few that I’ve seen come up for sale previously. One with lower miles sold last yr I bid up to the mid 20’s but it had some rust that I did not like the look of.
I figured I could keep waiting till the perfect one came at the right price, but who knows how long that would be. I have some time now to get it and work on it.

cjken

Explorer
My plan is to fly out and drive it home.
Turns out that I would have to pay California tax if I drive it off lot.
Anyone know any work around for this. Seems like a big expense to drive for just a few hrs in the state.
Anyone know any good transport companies.
May be worth shipping to avoid that tax.
Thanks

eporter

Adventurer
Cool rig, congrats! Looking forward to the build thread.

So, if you personally drive the vehicle off the lot you owe tax? And if you have it towed off the lot you don’t pay tax? Could you have it towed by a local towing company to their yard (or just around the corner) and then just drive it home yourself? Or does it need to be transported out of state before you personally drive it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles