2007 4th Gen 4Runner V8 aka Officer Dans video content thread

eyehate

Just kidding.

Nothing hot boi or fresh about this thing. What it is, is a new to me one owner, 2007 4runner v8 Sport with 180k on the clock that I drove out to Phoenix, AZ from Abq to scoop up. I previously had a Montero on here that I sold when we thought we were moving, then things changed and we cancelled the move and picked this thing up to continue our adventure times.

Luckily it is already mostly done, but I will be making videos about the things I mod and or add to it, as well as cataloging adventures.

Picked her up looking like this:

With these very very tasteful mods already done:
  • 2 inch lift with rear AllPro coil springs, front Tacoma TRD springs
  • CBI Front Bull Bar Bumper painted OEM Shadow Mica color
  • 9K Winch with Amsteel Synthetic Rope, 2 winch controllers, 1 wired, 1 wireless
  • RCI full Skid Plates, including the heavy duty gas tank Skid Plate
  • AllPro Rear Lower Control Arms, with the Johnny Joint on the frame side
  • CB Radio
  • Rear Electric Locker from a FJ Cruiser
  • Stubbs Heavy Duty Sliders
  • Pioneer Head Unit with Bluetooth, Aux, USB, Rear Backup Camera, and Front Bumper Camera
  • 33" Goodyear Duratrac tires
  • Customized factory wheels with the inserts painted body color as well
  • FUMOTO valve to drain oil
What I did immediately was change the tires (we had a blowout on the freeway bringing her back to abq) and wheels (I didn't mind the wheels it came with, I'm just not a fan of shiny stuff on vehicles), for a set of BFG AT KO2 285/70/17 wrapped around some RRW RR2-V wheels in 17x8.5 0 offset. It now looks like this (just imagine the bolts as they sent me the wrong version of the wheels):

I also got my Amazon on and changed out the headlights for HIDs as well as all of the interior lighting for LEDs, and that made a world of difference on both fronts. I don't have any pics, but I am sure you know what those look like.

Next up on the change list was a real rack. So I peeped the internet and found one I thought looked the coolest, and bought the Prinsu one. I made this set of videos assembling, building out, then installing it to my 4runner.

On the rack, I now have a light bar, 5 gallon fuel tank, a smittybuilt hilift, mud ramps, axe, shovel and that 110 shipped cheap 8 ft. amazon awning. I also got a used smittybuilt rooftop tent and that will be going on as soon as winter is over and we can go out into the wilderness for camping type activities.

I will be posting more videos / pictures / mods when I get around to needing them.

Love,

Dan

eyehate

Messed around with the lighting today and got the 42" light bar all all wired up. Now have 2 led fogs, a 14 inch light bar on the bumper, hids and the 42 inch roof one. She putting out some lumens now!

No lights

Hid headlights only

Hids and fogs

Hids, fogs and bumper light bar

Hids, fogs, bumper light, roof light

Watt maker

Very nice 4Runner you scooped up! I definitely like the rack! I've had my 4th gen for 11 years now and it's been an amazing vehicle. I'm in Grants, btw.

eyehate

Very nice 4Runner you scooped up! I definitely like the rack! I've had my 4th gen for 11 years now and it's been an amazing vehicle. I'm in Grants, btw.

People sure do keep these for a long time, that is for sure. Thanks man. The other nice part is this is one a few racks that are under a grand, so that helped too. If you ever come wheeling in abq, shoot me a dm

eyehate

Ok so, we don't get much rain here in NM, and I haven't even used it while camping yet. Anyway, we got some torrential downpours and my Yescom 6.6 x 8.2 ft awning decided to fill itself with water because the zipper is upside down when its installed properly. I reached out to them, and they gave me 20% off and told me how to do it, so I made a little review / fix video on how to correct the "factory" flaw.

eyehate

Did some exploring in the desert. First time really putting it through the paces. Did great in sand, climbing and pretty much everything else we threw at it. 508176

Attachments

• 20190324_174351.jpg
    20190324_174351.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 27

eyehate

Couple more videos I've done. One is useful in general, one is useful for not getting ripped off.

How to trim / clearance rear fenders on a 4th gen 4runner

One tent not to buy lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior