2006 Xterra OR project. Phase Two

bigskypylot

Explorer
I'd just be happy if I could read my gauges at dawn/dusk. I think I'm getting to the point we're a full led bulb conversion is in order.

I'm loving your build though. It's been fun to watch, and I can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks, man! it's been fun seeing the transformation. I still have a lengthy list of things want done yet lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Just noticed the center console. What did you do there? I am still trying to find a solution that fits nice between the titan arm rests.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Just noticed the center console. What did you do there? I am still trying to find a solution that fits nice between the titan arm rests.
Well, the R51 center console and related trim pieces were used. hand brake was relocated to a R51 foot location. the arm rests were still rubbing but Brennan worked his magic to make them fit so I can't tell you what all he did to make it work other than he did what he does best. find solutions lol.

I would have loved to find that portion of the center console of the European/Russian R51 that let's you keep the handbrake but I don't think I'll miss it.
47b1433810e347f94f076ae80cee45a9.jpg

bigskypylot

Explorer
New Momo Automatico versus OEM shifter.

No big updates but happy to report that the post-swap bugs we ran in to have been addressed and will soon be taken care of this coming week. Hopefully will have a cold start video in the next week or so. then it's tuning time if this virus allows
5c20f82495ccecafa1121010c9978222.jpg
0941f5c7ae0836a941e806903ed97a19.jpg
b3242f8c6b39ad200c60fea919269367.jpg

Last edited:

bigskypylot

Explorer
June 12th is dyno day. should have a few more updates between now and then as the BCM, ECU and keys are flashed. Hopefully a cold start soon as well

bob280zx

Observer
Question regarding the new shifter. When you replaced the shifter mechanism with the Pathfinder one, did the control cables fit as is or was adjustment required?

outstanding ride you’ve got there!

bigskypylot

Explorer
Question regarding the new shifter. When you replaced the shifter mechanism with the Pathfinder one, did the control cables fit as is or was adjustment required?

outstanding ride you’ve got there!
thanks! I cant tell you for sure as it's above my paygrade lol. Brennan (Driven Desire) in Cincinnati is doing the work. He didn't say that it was much trouble but then again, he is a genius when it comes to these things. it was his idea originally to do this mod as I had asked him if it was feasible. He made it happen. I'll ask him when i pick it up in June and report back

bigskypylot

Explorer
Well, Dyno day has come and gone. We had to reschedule and the next open date was July 22nd lol. ugggh. We had an issue with the BCM communicating with the ECU and my Keys.

We found out through a friend that was programming the BCM, ECU and keys, after the fact that the 2012 R51 BCM had an iKey( who knew the Pathy was a push start that year) So, had to get a 2006 R51 BCM with autolights option and send back with keys and ECU to get reprogrammed. That cost us a month or more.

Finally, it started right up but we heard a lot of chatter from the rear of the Supercharge . It was determined to be a bad bearing on the jackshaft. So, I order parts and get them in last Wednesday. we ran out of time to safely make sure everything would be good to go for dyno day.

At this point, I will be sending off the unit to a company for inspection and rebuild. the blower only had ~6k on it. I am exploring a few other options with the rebuild. We ran in to a couple other issues that are being worked on as wel .

Will keep y'all posted on the updates!

Last edited:

bigskypylot

Explorer
So, had to get the blower sent in and inspected due to a bad bearing on the jackshaft. Upon inspection, we learned that the jackshaft had to be replaced as well. Ugggh. Try finding that for a blower that has been discontinued lol. Got it shipped out and off to Stiegemeier Porting Services in St. Charles, Missouri.
The aftercooler (first photo) was sonic cleaned while everything that could be, was sonic cleaned and aqua blasted, all three pulleys were replaced and upgraded, high speed Koyo bearings installed and rotors coated. While it was there, I decided to get the blower unit refinished in black and the lower intake aqua blasted to get that nice machined look. I think it'll have a nice contrast. It'll get shipped out tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest and then back on the motor. Not too much longer.

Hope to get some final assembly photos tomorrow

Screenshot_20200625-173616_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200625-173628_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200625-173646_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200625-173637_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

bigskypylot

Explorer
Great X indeed! Are those Titan seats? Was also curious if you had any details on the blue Fronty parked next to you?

Thanks, it's come a long ways and still got a ways to go, but it's getting there! As for the Blue Frontier, I don't but I can ask. what were you curious about? I'm sure it's getting a motor swap done to it if it is at DD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne