2006 Xterra OR project. Phase One

bigskypylot

Explorer
Have been pretty quiet as I haven't heard much from BB as to how the build is going. Wish I could be hands on with it. I know a lot of prep work was being done and not sure what stage of completion it is in. I do know that the motor should be coming out soon and a new motor going in and a built trans is on it's way back to the shop and arriving Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Looks like a fun build. I have been toying with the idea of buying a salvage titan from auction and swapping everything over at once. But I seem to be doing it one piece at a time instead. So far my favorite part from a titan is the seats

bigskypylot

Explorer
I've been collecting part for the better part of two years. I found a 2015 M205 from a P4X with halfshafts from the same vehicle. I think it had less than 20K on them if I recall. I have an 05 Titan rear differential that I'm using and will be upgrading the bearings, axles and e-locker when I re-gear in the near future. I have more plans for the suspension in the next year or so. Above and beyond the T-Swap :)

bigskypylot

Explorer
Looks like a fun build. I have been toying with the idea of buying a salvage titan from auction and swapping everything over at once. But I seem to be doing it one piece at a time instead. So far my favorite part from a titan is the seats

It's a pretty exciting project as we are doing a few things that haven't been done yet to an Xterra. I'll post phase two here today. Wish I had some progress pics and videos but BB has been pretty busy with getting it completed. He will more than likely put them up on his FB and IG feeds and I'll then update them on here. Hoping to have it back by Sept. then have to take it to my body guy to correct a few minor things.

As far as the Titan seats, I thought about it but i have intentions of using a set of Scheelman USA Vario XL seats and custom seat brackets with heat/cooled functions. Stay tuned on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online