2006 Xterra- good deal?

Irongrave

nice rig with some good parts for the price. biggest concern in the timing chain guides on the 4.0s they are know to start failing around that mileage mark. The Radflos probably need a full rebuild but Greg at PRG should be able to help with that.

msumms

i have pics from the accident on the rear end... of course i would take it and see if there was frame damage before purchasing.

msumms

checked it out today. there's some frame damage from where the hitch was pulled under (you can see how far the replacement hitch sticks out, imagine that getting hit and transferring the energy to the frame and ripping it out.) but the car doesn't really pull one way or another noticeably. however i'd like to attach a heavier swing out bike rack on the rear end so i passed on it. i have some expensive bikes and don't want to even have to think about it. it seems solid and a good ride, but will be hard to recover any investment.

it looks ************ and has a great stance. owner bought it salvage from the auction and fixed it up and modded it himself and has been driving it for 12k miles since, so all the mods were done around 12k ago. but he doesn't tow with it. suspension mods are tastefully done and if you're not towing or throwing anything on the hitch i'd reckon it's a good deal for a mild wheeler, you probably have some leverage here on price too. fun rig

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles