2006 Unimog U500 on BaT, Calif.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo

u500.jpg

Disclaimer - no relation to the seller or vehicle

kcshoots

Thank you. I was set to buy it but chose not to as it had some minor repair items to resolve which led me thinking about who and where could complete the repairs. Plus, I found the U500 a little larger and slower for my preferences. One would think a Unimog would be a prefect trail, overlanding, international travel vehicle with a camper on it, and for some it may be, but for my intended use and detailed analysis, I think there are some other really attractive options. Over the next month in a set of upcoming videos on my channel, I am going to walk thru the many vehicles that I have driven in pursuit of of the best overlanding expedition camper chassis for me, and what I like and don't like and then the build out of my camper to share with others my research and efforts over the last two years.

Reactions: zip

kcshoots

Congrats to the buyer. In case you all want to know what it is like driving this, I posted another video of this Unimog yesterday after I was able to recover my other videos from driving it, and want to share the full driving and walk around video for any potential buyers and others. This was taken in June of this year when I drove it as the previous/original owner had it for sale. https://youtu.be/qMdviYgzhHI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior