SOLD 2006 T1N Turbodiesel Sprinter Van - Full Interior Conversion

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
O5Ys0my.jpg

8cNNMru.jpg

For the last year we traveled the country in this absolutely wonderful sprinter van. It has been nothing but perfect the entire time we've owned it, but with two fully-built travel vehicles and a new job forcing us to settle down for now, we've decided it's time to let it go.

This 2006 Dodge Sprinter is a rebadged Mercedes-Benz T1N, a turbodiesel van that has a legendary rep for reliability. They are used the world over for travel, and are far more capable on the dirt than you'd imagine. With the right set of tires and a lift kit, there would be few places it wouldn't take you. They have a payload over 3,700 pounds, cruise at 70 mph with ease, and will do it all while getting 22-24 mpg.

Our particular sprinter has been built out for life on the road, with all of the comforts of home or the office. As a couple, we both worked and lived full-time from this van, exploring the country while clocking in for our 9-5's. We have posted a full list of features below, as well as some photos to give you an idea of the condition. To be clear, this van is not perfect. There are some dents and dings on the outside, and some light rust in various locations. HOWEVER, this van is in great shape. We had it checked out and overhauled by mechanics before the purchase last year and before we took it to Baja this spring. It was also inspected by a professional auto-body shop this spring to confirm none of the rust was major. All required maintenance is done, and we will get another clean bill of health on it from a local shop before the new buyer picks it up.

AND YES, THE PASSENGER SEAT SWIVELS TO MAXIMIZE LIVING SPACE, IT'S NOT STUCK BACKWARDS.

lNlK2aa.jpg

The Van

2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500

140” Wheelbase High Roof

169,XXX Miles

2WD

Clean title

Registered in CA as a campervan

Currently located in Montana

Famously Reliable Pre-Emissions Turbodiesel

Averages 20-24 MPG

Swivel Passenger Seat

Insulated

Vinyl plank wood flooring, scratch, and water-resistant

Ceiling lined with cedar wood tongue and groove

Fantastic Fan Vent 2250 (reversible)

Van Body Painted in 2018

Transmission rebuilt 11/20/2018 at 147,000 miles

Aftermarket stereo and speakers

All new coolant system 1/30/2020

New serpentine belts, brake flush, fuel hoses, and fuel filter 1/30/2020

New Upgraded Starter battery 09/15/2019

IHscAUl.jpg

Power

200 W Solar

310 Ah Battery Bank

2000W inverter

Dual Battery Charger Kit included but not installed

12V USB plugs

110-V wall outlet

12v LED Puck lights on a switch

IZGJcIa.jpg

2kAQCpv.jpg

Water/Plumbing

12-volt ShurFlo water pump

10-gallon fresh water tank

6-gallon backup freshwater tank in the garage

6-gallon grey water tank

xMwvD6W.jpg

Du4EFDo.jpg

“Living Quarters”

BkqOisI.jpg

Weboost Drive Reach cell booster

Dometic CRX-65 fridge/freezer

Butcherblock countertop with countertop storage

White subway tile backsplash

Nickel brushed stainless steel sink with pull-down faucet sprayer

Wall-mounted spice rack

Two overhead cabinets for kitchen storage

Lagun adjustable table with butcher block tabletop

Slider - vented side window with bug screen

Portable Kovea single burner butane stove

Flip down hooks above the door to utilize space

2 extra-large dresser type drawers under the kitchen counter

Portable Kovea Propane/Butane Heater

Queen Size Platform Bed

4” memory foam Queen mattress

3 flip-top storage cubbies along the bedside, one of which is very deep

Two storage shelves on rear doors

Storage cabinet under the bed

Under the bed access for storage

Under the mattress D-rings for tie-downs for hauling

12v twinkle lights throughout for ambient #vanlife lighting

4X9TGqf.jpg

0IdSwUU.jpg

cfY4dR1.jpg

Garage/Storage

Plentiful gear storage under platform bed – Minimum height 27.5” under cross members

Lighting in the garage on a switch

Hooks for gear storage

Blackout window covers for rear and side door windows

Asking $35,000 USD
Contact can be made through the forum or by emailing b.bloch14@hotmail.com

ZUysSek.jpg

Wild&Free

Hey Chris - Build looks beautiful. I sent you an email and message thru here regarding this build. Hoping to hear back from you regarding it - thanks!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Chris,

I really like this setup! Question; knowing you are taller than me and with a back in the same condition as mine, how was the bed? Long enough? Comfortable enough? What did you do for cooking?

Dale

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Chris,

I really like this setup! Question; knowing you are taller than me and with a back in the same condition as mine, how was the bed? Long enough? Comfortable enough? What did you do for cooking?

Dale
Hi Dale! Yup, I had no problem with the bed or the interior height. It was extremely comfortable. We used a portable stove for two reasons. 1. We didn’t want to sacrifice counter space for a permanent stove. 2. We didn’t want to cook in the van while in grizzly country. It’s just better to do it outside.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I'm still thinking about this! BTW Chris, wish you the very best! Had a great time with you and Christophe a couple years back when you two showed a few of us life timers the area around Prescott.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
I'm still thinking about this! BTW Chris, wish you the very best! Had a great time with you and Christophe a couple years back when you two showed a few of us life timers the area around Prescott.
That was a great time! Seems like ages ago. I recently had dinner with Christopher in Nepal actually haha. It was cool to run into him there of all places.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
This is pretty much a perfect set-up. Not overkill, basically what you need. If this was a couple years from now when I'm ready to retire, this would be a no brainer. GLWS, nice Sprinter.

Dragorandir

Hey Chris, do you have any pictures of the garage area? You mentioned that the minimum height is 27.5, do you mean the maximum height? I will be storing 2 mountain bikes in the garage, would it fit? Or is it possible to raise the bed?

lgranger

Hi Chris! I'd like to buy your van. I've sent two emails to the listed address, please let me know if yours still available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94