2006 Project TJ

Daz7

Hey guys,

I'm part-way through my do-it-all TJ build (although are Jeeps ever finished?) and am just about to get my off-road teardrop happening.

Heres my latest addition to the TJ, an Spod switch system.

grogie

Like to Camp
Really nice red TJ! I love how flexible and easy to drive off-road that a two-door Jeep is.

A couple suggestions... Instead of disconnects, take a look at a Currie Antirock. Also, as an alternative to lockers, I have front and rear Detriot Truetracs, which are Torsen style limited slips that use helical gears. They're automatic, and with my TJ's flexibility, I really like them.

billiebob

TJ with a TearDrop, absolutely the best combination.

Just finished a 1700km tour with mine. A 1500# trailer. 1500# and lighter is fabulous in the mountains. I also tow a work trailer that is 2100#, it can maintain 60mph but you might be down 3 gears and running 4800rpm in the mountains. But 1500# lets one hit 70mph passing trucks on a mountain 3 lane with ease.

For 500km I ran highway speeds averaging 100km/hr. I averaged 14mpg. Next 500km I ran averaged 85km/hr, Rarely passing, trying to never exceed 100km/hr. And I averaged 18mpg. Building my trailer, I never considered weight. It is sheeted in OSB, the heaviest choice. Also the cheapest, and once painted very stable too. And it is a BOX, zero consideration for aerodynamics.

DSCN1542.jpg

heres my teardrop build

Last edited:

Zeep

Adventurer
Nice that your RHD has a manual trans. All RHD's over here had auto's.
Nice seats BTW.

Daz7

Over the last month or so I've had an Airbag warning light issue and slowly lost control the Cruise Control and horn. Time to replace the clock spring unit.

Daz7

Had a heap of heat and air coming through the console. Changed over the inner shift boot, much better afterwards.

Daz7

Finally installed my UHF radio, it's quite the stealthy install, very happy with the outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94