2006 Project TJ

Daz7

Found out there was a firmware update for the Alpine Halo 9 unit. This is how you do the update.

Daz7

Yes, know all about the 2din facia, look I'm not a fan.

The Halo unit doesn't need any behind dash material removed, whereas the 2din versions do, I also prefer the larger screen of the Halo over the 2 din versions and the fact that it's higher and I don't have to look down whilst driving to use it. Personal preferences and all that.

Last edited:

Daz7

I've had a bolt fall out of the rear tailshaft's saddle. As a result, the tailshaft ended up on the road. This is the repair.

Zeep

Adventurer
Not to pile on to your problems, but it looks like your pinion seal needs some attention!

Zeep

Adventurer
Glad you researched that problem first. Sucks, that a gauge is really just a fancy idiot light!
I wonder if just flushing the old sender with solvent, could have made it work again?
Anyway, Cheers to getting it done.

Daz7

Starting to prepare for the ARB Air Lockers. In this episode I tackle the under bonnet fitting and wiring of the ARB Air Compressor to the sPod unit.

billiebob

Have an issue with a low oil pressure warning at idle

Same problem, mine started 2 weeks ago. jeep spec says minimum is 13psi, with a mechanical gauge at idle it registers 10psi. No solution yet.
But since you are now adding an air compressor I take it you solved the oil pressure issue ?

We replaced the sender today too but no difference, maybe even worse since the new sender .... is new.
The video is a complete waste of time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles