2006 or 2013 Land Cruiser?

gungriffin

I went with a 100 series 2 years ago. It is fully outfitted. If I was to buy today, I believe that I would go with a 200 series. I really like the Dissent bumpers and armor that are available for the 200 now. 2 years ago there weren't many high clearance bumpers for the 200. The only issue I might have with the 200 is that it is quite large, but it offers quite a few advantages for the size. Most of the guys who have gone from 100s to 200s often talk fondly about their old 100s, but they often prefer the 200.

Drftsub

When I sold my built Tacoma I had the same choice and went 2013 200..

The 5.7, newer tech is a plus side for some aspects and works well. I fit 35's very easy with a bp51 OME lift and different offset wheels, planning for 37's next. So far I have been very happy with it on trails, and have always taken the hard line, its portly, gets trail rash quick when following buddies in T4R's etc but its comfy and does amazing. Once geared/locked, some lightweight high clearance bumpers and long travel I am sure it will be even better.

I think there has been some stigma with "doing whats needed" to build them because they are crazy expensive new, but now they can be had fairly cheap, doing things like body mount chop's etc. shouldn't turn you away from seeing how good it really can be.

gungriffin

When I sold my built Tacoma I had the same choice and went 2013 200..

The 5.7, newer tech is a plus side for some aspects and works well. I fit 35's very easy with a bp51 OME lift and different offset wheels, planning for 37's next. So far I have been very happy with it on trails, and have always taken the hard line, its portly, gets trail rash quick when following buddies in T4R's etc but its comfy and does amazing. Once geared/locked, some lightweight high clearance bumpers and long travel I am sure it will be even better.

I think there has been some stigma with "doing whats needed" to build them because they are crazy expensive new, but now they can be had fairly cheap, doing things like body mount chop's etc. shouldn't turn you away from seeing how good it really can be.

They are definitely coming down from mall crawler prices to real off roading prices. Especially true when compared with what 100 series prices have done. Sometimes the 200 series is actually less expensive now with a few more miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior