2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Took the truck to my buddy's farm, once again I'm super stoked with these tires as it never came close to getting stuck yet I had to tow out my buddy on 33s

After about an hour of cleaning at the car wash...still missed a lot under the truck

Also getting a Dynomax muffler put on while I'm at work on Monday!

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Not sure why I bothered to wash the truck on Friday because I ended up going back off road yesterday. Was fun but really frustrating because it recently snowed, then warmed up, then cooled off so every hill was per ice

This is where things took a turn for the worse...as we were leaving we saw an atv that was stuck, so Riley being the only 4wd there went to the aid, right as we coming up beside it he found a rather deep mud pit, the whole way there was swamp so me and the gmc didn't want to even dare try and get to him so the quad winched it's self to a tree and got out, used the gmc as an anchor for the quads winch(surprised it took that much weight), right as he backed out he slid over into another pit, at that point we called my buddy with his 4wd dakota

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Since my last update I replaced my oem leaking muffler with a Dynomax Super Turbo, overall I'm extremely happy with it, idling and causal driving sounds just about stock, once you hit 3k+ the tone gets much deeper with zero droning over my tire noise.
My Grandfather made me a mount for my firestik whip and using my old hitch receiver with a shackle I have a much safer/strong recovery point in the rear, at some point i need to make something for up front though
Just needs some paint

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Went camping this weekend, had a great time out there

Before everyone else showed up we went exploring on our own, ended up getting stuck and digging a nasty rut and flexing that crazy, tire was up against the fender, managed to get my self out with a old rubber boot i found though!

This was a rather steep hill, we had also done it at night which was really freaky haha

I need to step up my game with my axle situation now though, the one wheel peel just doesn't work in sand, going to really start hunting for an explorer lsd axle and leafs. I'd also like to get some kinda maxtrax knock offs, not sure what brands are decent I just don't want to spend $400

Later this week the other guys should send me the pics they took of me

One Wheel Peel

You could get a mini-spool. They run around $100 and are a decent alternative to welding your spider gears. You will have a fully locked rear though.

casepdx

Have you looked into Powertrax? My dad uses one on his dd Ranger, works great. It locks up nicely when the wheel starts to slip, but can make sharp turns with no tire chirps.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I don't know if they make a true trac for your truck....I would go that route, locks when you need it, fully open when you don't.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I don't know if they make a true trac for your truck....I would go that route, locks when you need it, fully open when you don't.

Looked into all of the above and have mixed opinions of all, mini spool won't be great for a dd and tire wear, powertrax is decent priced but I'm not sure about running a locker in a dd for the clicking and banging. I do really like the tru trac however that gets really expensive when having to pay a shop to install it. The reason I want an explorer 8.8 is because it's wider to match my extra track width the spindles gave me, 34% stronger and I get discs then

Maybe down the road I'd still do a tru trac since I've heard nothing but good things it's just kinda pricey right now

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I vote 8.8 with the LSD. I liked the one in my mustang. Also you don't have any front tow hooks? How have you been getting unstuck this whole time?

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I vote 8.8 with the LSD. I liked the one in my mustang. Also you don't have any front tow hooks? How have you been getting unstuck this whole time?

I do not have any and it really sucks, which is why at some point I'll be adding a front hitch. I've always been yanked from the back. Sadly being a coil spring 2wd and not a t bar 2wd i don't have the front cross member to simply add the hooks to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior