2006 Mazda B2300 Build Thread

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Watch the 700s, they are an FF reflector and they do not like HID. You get a funky beam pattern. That's why I recommend the 500 driving beam. the FF reflector does not take HID well.

kojackJKU

There is a fog beam, a driving beam and an FF beam. Buy the driving beams. 3 different lights. I will put them up....give me one min!

kojackJKU

Hella 500 fog

06468286_0.jpg

Hella 500 FF

Hella-500-FF-2-Light-Kit-6in-Round.jpg

Hella 500 Driving

hella-500-driving-lights-pair.jpg

You want the 500 driving lens. the ff puts out a weird "flower" shaped beam pattern, the driving puts out the smooth long range beam. The fog puts out a low wide beam not very long. Do NOT put hid into the fog beam. it is horrible. use a good selective yellow bulb in the fog lights.

Hope that helps you find the correct driving light.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Thanks for all the help man, means a lot. This weekend I think I'll order some lights and a basket, gotta get the rig ready for a weekend off road trip planned for April :)

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Last question about lights, what about the hella 500 black magic? They aren't the "FF" and the black covers do look pretty good

kojackJKU

I cannot comment on them as I never seen them in person. They are using the 500 driving lens. I usually stick to the tried and proven. but maybe they will work the same.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Got new 31" ******** Cepek Fun Country tires put on, looks so much better to me. They defiantly are noisy compared to the bfgs but I already gave them a try in a mud pit and they did absolutely amazing. My friend with 32" bfg at and a limited slip struggled a lot more then me with an open diff.

I'm not sure if its just me but they look hella wide, kinda cool but they defiantly stick out up front a lot!

Excuse the rusty front bumper..gotta fix that again this spring with better quality paint

These came in :) 2 sets, eventually hids will be installed in them

I defiantly want to do some 1.5" rear wheel spacers to match up front and 1.5" blocks, the rear sagged out and I can't take the level

kojackJKU

Lookin good. I think I'm going to KM2s this summer on my JK. Those fun country's look the gear on your truck.! and woo hoo for bright lights!

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Lookin good. I think I'm going to KM2s this summer on my JK. Those fun country's look the gear on your truck.! and woo hoo for bright lights!

I wanted Duratracs but these came up for sale for $600 with less then 300 kms on them so i couldn't pass and yea finally i decided on what lights to get haha

kojackJKU

Fun country is a great tire man. I am not a fan of goodyears at all. If you do any real amount of off roading you will find out why. Their sidewalls are notoriously weak and tear very easily.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Haven't got my lights put on or the cb because I'm waiting for the whip still, however got to try the tires and wow these are amazing, I can't wait to get a limited slip axle to aid but for now this works great

Replaced upper/lower ball joints, then flex test, defiantly could have gone higher but the women was not to happy about the angle..

Finally getting around to fixing my quad

Then the muddy adventure

Last edited:

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Mounted the lights last night, took it the wash after work today, they look really good imo and the black covers really match my plastic on the top/bottom of the bumpers and my mirrors etc. Wiring should be done on Saturday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz