2006 LR3 Faults - Where to start?

Silmarillion

Observer
I would like to try to fix some LR3 faults that are on my GAP IID tool. Any tips on how to tackle these? I didn't see anything when looking up these codes on the forum. The truck seems to be running fine, minus special programs error when I start up (gone immediately), and the rear parking sensor going in and out. The battery is just over a year old.

Body Control:
B1B02-28 (6C) Low frequency coil - General signal failure - signal bias level is out of range/zero adjustment failure

B1C57-14 (6C) Passive start ignition relay coil circuit - general electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open

B1D12-15 (2E) Volumetric Alarm power circuit - general electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open

U0155-87 (2E) Lost communication with instrument cluster control module - Bus signal/message failure missing a message

Audio Amplifier:
B1A04-13 (2C) Speaker 4 circuit - General electrical failure - circuit open.

Best,

DiscoDavis

Explorer
IMO everyone has those codes unless the truck is perfect (near impossible). You should be fine, clear the codes and see what comes back but don't be afraid if these do. I have some of what you have, plus random TPMS faults.

cannonball55

Adventurer
IMO everyone has those codes unless the truck is perfect (near impossible). You should be fine, clear the codes and see what comes back but don't be afraid if these do. I have some of what you have, plus random TPMS faults.

while i disagree that everyone has those codes... i do agree that you should be fine, clear them and dont be afraid to.

kbahus

Adventurer
I read on a forum somewhere (unverifiable source) that all of the LR3's have the low frequency coil fault code. It was something Land Rover never addressed and left in the system. I would be curious if other LR3 owners experience it as well, I have documented it on an 05 and it would not clear.

Last edited:

A.J.M

Explorer
Mine has random error codes that won't go away regardless of what you do. Early 05 year build car.

The car runs fine, the electric side is healthy and showing correct voltage for running, starting etc.

It's the "ghost in the machine" codes. Clear and ignore.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Yeah, I read and clear codes all the time - and try to keep an eye on what comes back / trends. These vehicles log a TON of data, but not all of it is important.

nathanwind

Observer
Sort of off-topic, but how do you like the GAP IID tool? Is it pretty robust in it's function? I've been using a Snap-On for my '06 LR3, but have been looking for something a little more portable for when I'm away from the shop. And where did you get it from, Lucky8? Seems like they have the best price from what i've found (not to mention they're obviously great folks).

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Sort of off-topic, but how do you like the GAP IID tool? Is it pretty robust in it's function? I've been using a Snap-On for my '06 LR3, but have been looking for something a little more portable for when I'm away from the shop. And where did you get it from, Lucky8? Seems like they have the best price from what i've found (not to mention they're obviously great folks).

100% endorse. I use it all the time and it's sort of the same feeling you get from using a gameshark as a kid (its a cheat code device for old nintendo stuff). Super nice to lower the truck for the highway and even better to lift again for a trail. Clears and reads codes like a champ and will push insane amounts of live data to your phone/tablet. Can be used to flash firmware for pretty much every ECU and can update older trucks to run better (trans adaptations, new bluetooth module firmware, etc.). Patrick from GAP is THE MAN, best customer service ever for a product.

Bought mine from L8. Would recommend Bluetooth version if you can spare the extra coin.

Silmarillion

Observer
the GAP IID tool is great! It saved me half way through a 6 hour drive when my speed sensor got cut - the entire vehicle lowered to the ground. I was able to use the tool to raise it back up a few inches to make travel over 20mph possible! It also helped diagnose the problem when I got to my destination.

I don't think I even fully utilize it, but seems like a very worthwhile tool. I bought it used and would recommend the bluetooth version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles