2006 Fx4 Level 2 Ranger

autism family travels

Love the new rig bud! I thought about getting one of those too, but the lack of back seat space keeps me from getting one. They have the side mounted seats correct?

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Love the new rig bud! I thought about getting one of those too, but the lack of back seat space keeps me from getting one. They have the side mounted seats correct?
Thanks! and yes you sit sideways in the rear seats, not really great but it works in a pinch or a 15000km road trip :ROFLMAO:
I mainly just use the back area for gear storage etc

gwittman

Adventurer
I can't see it (302) being much worse on gas than that V6...

Just saying..... :sneaky:
I went on a long off-road trip with another Ranger that had converted to the Explorer 5.0 V-8 (same as 302). He was sucking up gas considerably more than I was. The Explorer 5.0 does not have much more horsepower than the 4.0 SOHC engine but the V-8 does look a lot better when it comes to torque. I think the 5.0 V-8 has more potential too if you want to build the engine for more power.
One thing to note is; he had problems with overheating when working the engine harder. He tried many things to resolve the problem but finally came to the conclusion that the engine compartment was not large enough to allow proper air flow for good cooling. It was a good install also. Looking at it, you would think it came from the factory with the V-8.
The new bumper looks good, That must have bumped up the weight. If you keep adding stuff you will need a V-8 to get it rolling. :)

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
I went on a long off-road trip with another Ranger that had converted to the Explorer 5.0 V-8 (same as 302). He was sucking up gas considerably more than I was. The Explorer 5.0 does not have much more horsepower than the 4.0 SOHC engine but the V-8 does look a lot better when it comes to torque. I think the 5.0 V-8 has more potential too if you want to build the engine for more power.
One thing to note is; he had problems with overheating when working the engine harder. He tried many things to resolve the problem but finally came to the conclusion that the engine compartment was not large enough to allow proper air flow for good cooling. It was a good install also. Looking at it, you would think it came from the factory with the V-8.
The new bumper looks good, That must have bumped up the weight. If you keep adding stuff you will need a V-8 to get it rolling. :)

Surprisingly this bumper on weighs 95 pounds so lighter then most but more then stock of course. I think next year when I get a front torsen lsd i might bump up to 4.56s but im not sure, the 4.10s still feel pretty good, think for now I'll start with a tune etc. Power still seems fairly fine with the 4.0 and it helps where I live is almost entirely flat

Last edited:

Hawk136439

Do you have or can you get some close up shots of you rack that wraps around the cap? I would like to build a similar one but don't know how to build the base plates on the bed rails and keep the cap mounting right since it overhangs the bed rails a little bit.

UltraHDGames

Adventurer
Do you have or can you get some close up shots of you rack that wraps around the cap? I would like to build a similar one but don't know how to build the base plates on the bed rails and keep the cap mounting right since it overhangs the bed rails a little bit.
Not sure if this helps

Attachments

• received_10211737756901511.jpeg
    received_10211737756901511.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 49
  • received_10211761066124227.jpeg
    received_10211761066124227.jpeg
    562.5 KB · Views: 49

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
You've done a super job. That's the nicest Ranger I've ever seen.
One thing though,the guys in the back must have hating life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94