2006 Ford Econoline Van E-350 - Unicell box

ExpoMike

Not mine or any affiliation but looked like an interesting van. Add a U-Joint 4x4 kit and it could be a fun setup.

1611868574896.png

1611868669045.png

1611868702570.png

nyyankees588

I came really, really close to purchasing one of these about a year ago. Went as far as to call Unicell and talk to a rep about these boxes, because I have rarely seen them. They say they don't sell many of them, but they are made pretty bomb-proof (as most of the contractor boxes are, and unicell is one of the better manufacturers of those). They make a version with double doors in the back that would be preferable to that one large door... but I could also see where that one could have some cool aspects to it. Looks like this one has the ultra basic e-series cab (manual windows and such), which would also be a tad annoying.

The biggest selling point for me with these - they have 76"-ish of interior standing height. The majority of the box trucks are right around 68", meaning that a 6' tall person can't quite stand all the way up. I only wish that they made a 10' long version instead of the 12' one. Wilderness Vans out of canada converted one to 4x4 with a ujoint kit and i believe that they made it in to a sweet shop van. Their IG has some sporadic images of it.

Reactions: mog

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Def interesting. But I would not want to install and have to scribe everything in with those curves.

jlcanterbury

Yeah I prefer the 2-door version but this is a sweet shell- the price seems just fine to me!
Lightweight, leak-proof, rust-proof. Dang I kinda want this van.

ExpoMike

Yeah I prefer the 2-door version but this is a sweet shell- the price seems just fine to me!
Lightweight, leak-proof, rust-proof. Dang I kinda want this van.

I kind of liked the idea of a built in canopy when the back it up. :) Almost wonder if you could put an RV type door in the middle of the back hatch and have the best of both world. Easy entry and fully open and covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94