2006 Ford E-350 PSD

cabntmn

I have a Super duty van that's Currently getting the engine removed, needs a gasket fixed, ford recommends a full re-seal, I have a bullet proof diesel package that the dealer is going to install, Bullet proof diesel says their kit is not compatible with a 4x4 van, I definitely want to convert to a u-joint Kit, what do I need to do to make it work?

What parts are in their kit? Just really headstuds right? What else any suspension stuff? I don’t see how 2x or 4x matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabntmn

Oil cooler, EGR valve, headstuds, BPD water pump, 7.3 fan clutch. I think its the remote oil cooler? hits the front driveshaft is what they say. Possibly the oil filter?

Railvan

Adventurer
Yes, it's the remote oil cooler that is in the way of the front drive shaft on a 4x4 conversion with the BPD full kit. You can use the Ford oil cooler or figure out a place to put the oil cooler somewhere else. My van is in the shop now and I decided to go with a new factory Ford oil cooler.

cabntmn

That IPR setup is nice, But I was already committed to the BPD kit,does anyone have any experience with my current setup? Looking for a remedy.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We did a few with the BPD oil cooler, didn't see lower oil temps in either, did everything possible to get maximum airflow.

The front cooler will interfere with the spring hangers and anything besides a stock F bumper. The oil filter/remote cooler lines are also in the way, we had to do a remote filter for VivaLaVida, adding even more oil lines and places for leaks/failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94