2006 Earthroamer XV-LT For Sale - $150k - SOLD

Kgorman

Observer
Can earthroamers with street tires like this one be upgraded to offroad military tires? Just curious. GLWS, lovely rig!

I also have a 6.0 btw, and it’s completly correct to state a non bulletproofed 6.0 is a time bomb. Once bulletproofed, hughly desired and very reliable.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Can earthroamers with street tires like this one be upgraded to offroad military tires? Just curious. GLWS, lovely rig!

I also have a 6.0 btw, and it’s completly correct to state a non bulletproofed 6.0 is a time bomb. Once bulletproofed, hughly desired and very reliable.

Yes, they can.
I called Earthroamer about this, and was quoted right around 30K for their full meal deal high end lift and custom air suspension.
I would imagine you could probably have it done for less money somewhere else.

exon111

Yes you can. You need a lift, Hutchinson or similar wheels, an adapter plate for the Ford bolt pattern, and some wider fender flares. ER can do it and there is another company that specializes in converting F-550s into brush fire trucks who does this, probably for a bit less than ER.

180out

DBL Designs has a full kit or buckstop.biz The kit from buckstop is real nice and can include the wheels, tires, fenders, lift, bumpers, running boards, and skid plates for around $18K

1HaytchZed

KNUCKLEHEADS!
Any way you can keep some of the deposit?

I dont agree with or support this mindset. What makes one think that a deposit is THEIRs to keep in such a scenario? I've had buyers back out of a deal and the deposit towards the purchase was returned. Heck, I even made a sizeable deposit once on a vehicle, flew across the country to get it and while in-transit, had the owner text me that he traded it towards something else and then he went radio silent. I didn't ask for my deposit plus $ back towards my airplane ticket, time wasted etc,.. just wrote it off as a nasty person to deal with, cut my losses and moved on.

Just because a deposit is made, one shouldn't treat something as sold, have a backup/contingency plan and/or buyers in place. Do your due diligence.
/rant

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
What’s the use of getting a deposit then if it doesn’t either seal the deal or act as liquidated damages for the seller to keep if the buyer reneges?

I’d compare this sale of a high dollar rig to being just like the deposit (earnest money) you put down on a house purchase offer...generally if the buyer doesn’t perform, the deposit is forfeited. Best practice would be to make clear that a deposit is non-refundable though, so all parties understand that in advance.

It’s of course within the rights of the seller to return a deposit, but I would not do so in a case where the buyer just changed her mind.

Great rig, fairly priced.....so best of luck selling soon.

Reactions: zip

1HaytchZed

With real estate, the P&S agreements clearly lay out the terms, and there are contingencies and lawyers on both sides, plus a much longer time frame for real estate purchases, minds aren't exactly changed on a whim, very seldom, and still if you have a top notch lawyer, the deposit may be returned or stay in escrow forever.

All I was trying to say here is, without a contract in place, for one to keep the deposit or even think about keeping the deposit is sleazy in my book. A deposit is ALWAYS refundable unless bound by a contract and terms laid out ahead of time.

And if one is dealing with high $ property, go the extra mile and hire an attorney for peace of mind.

/hijack

GLWS!

klee

Please see eBay listing for photos: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Earth...343858?hash=item3d6a6a1bb2:g:FUMAAOSwLmlbMJ6T

For sale is Earthroamer #22, built in 2006. We purchased this vehicle in Dec 2015 to drive from Alaska to Chile, however work issues got in the way and the trip never became a reality. In the time we’ve owned it, we put around 4,000 miles on it. The truck now has about 47k miles on it. We are the second owners. In preparation for our trip that never happened, no expense was spared in ensuring every aspect of the truck is in tip top shape. We spent over $10,000 having an excellent mechanic go through the truck with a fine tooth comb and fix anything that looked like it may have even a small chance of being a failure point on our trip. We had a full “bullet proof” treatment done on the engine which included new head studs, EGR delete, and other upgrades they recommended to us to ensure maximum engine reliability.

This truck is has a 6.0 Ford diesel engine which does NOT require ultra low sulfur diesel. This is the last Ford engine that has this capability, which is a must if you want to take the truck out of the USA / Canada. The 6.0 has a mixed reputation because it often failed a couple predictable ways. The bullet proof upgrade replaces the failure prone parts of the 6.0 engine and turns it into an extremely reliable engine, much more so than the more complex newer Ford diesel engines which require DEF fluid.

Truck is located in Garden Grove, CA and registered in CA. It is smog exempt. Truck is in good, clean condition. We have parked it inside our company’s warehouse on a battery tender for the time that we’ve owned it. The truck is ready to go around the world.

Non-exhaustive list of improvements:

* Bullet Proof 6.0 Diesel Makeover, rear engine seals, belts, alternators, filters, all common wear items replaced preventatively
* Truck driven monthly to keep engine healthy
* Several thousand dollars worth of Dynamat sound insulation was professionally installed in the floor, ceiling, firewall, and doors. We had them install as much as they possibly could to get the quietest ride achievable.
* New Lifeline 8D House Batteries
* New Truck batteries
* New water filters
* New Camper Water Pump
* Diesel appliances serviced. We run them monthly for 15 min, per manufacturer recommendation
* Diesel tanks always stored with fuel stabilizer
* Upgraded to new stereo with Apple Carplay
* DC to DC 3 stage charger. All Earthroamers, including brand new ones, have a major problem with charging off the truck alternator. In theory it sounds like it would work well, but in practice charging off the truck alternator barely works, especially in cold weather. The engine computer tries to save gas by reducing alternator voltage output after the truck is warmed up. It is not designed to charge large camper batteries. Once it reduces the voltage output, the camper batteries start charging at an agonizingly slow rate. This problem is well documented on the Earthroamer forum by many owners. The charger we installed is a marine charger designed specifically for this scenario where large battery banks are charged off alternators on boats. It takes whatever voltage the alternator supplies and boosts it up to the optimal voltage for the AGM house batteries, which results in much faster charge times. This 3 stage charger compensates for temperature and is much easier on the batteries, resulting in longer service life.
* Halogen interior lights have been converted to LEDs which use a negligible amount of power
* Camper rear stereo has been upgraded with an Aux line in
* Added new 2.5 lb Halon 1211 fire extinguisher to rear and new 5 lb ABC extinguisher in front

Non-Exhaustive List of Included Earthroamer Options:

LED Exterior Lighting
3 200W Solar Panels
Electric Awning
Bedside storage cabinets
Granite Counters with flap behind seat that lifts up for more counter space
510 AH Lifeline AGM 8D battery bank
2000W pure sine inverter
Convection microwave oven
5500 BTU AC
13,600 BTU Diesel Heater
Diesel Cooktop
90 gallon fresh water tank
Filtered drinking water tap
Cassette Toilet
Warn 16,500 lb winch with synthetic line
Oasis built in air compressor with front and rear air chucks

We paid approximately $150k for this truck in 2015 put close to $20k into the truck after we bought it. Prices on used models seem to have gone up slightly since we bought the truck. The lowest cost Earthroamer for sale right now on ER’s website is #92 (2008 model). It sold for $210k in 2016 with 60k miles on it, and is for sale again now for the same price with 75k miles on it. There are no major differences between #22 and #92 except #92 is 2 years newer and has a 6.4 L engine, which many people consider to be less reliable than a bullet proofed 6.0 engine. Also, Earthroamer #30 (2006 model) sold on Earthroamer’s website for $170,000 with 66,000 miles at the end of 2016. It is completely identical to #22 except it had more miles and didn’t have the bullet proof engine mods done.
I can't figure out how much you are asking for this unit? If it is priced right I will buy it (after looking at it), if it is priced to high it will not sell

kchristian

Adventurer
With real estate, the P&S agreements clearly lay out the terms, and there are contingencies and lawyers on both sides, plus a much longer time frame for real estate purchases, minds aren't exactly changed on a whim, very seldom, and still if you have a top notch lawyer, the deposit may be returned or stay in escrow forever.

All I was trying to say here is, without a contract in place, for one to keep the deposit or even think about keeping the deposit is sleazy in my book. A deposit is ALWAYS refundable unless bound by a contract and terms laid out ahead of time.

And if one is dealing with high $ property, go the extra mile and hire an attorney for peace of mind.

/hijack

GLWS!

What's the deposit for then? I think it's ridiculous to think that a deposit should be refunded simply because the buyer changed their mind. I've paid deposits before but only after deciding I was sure I wanted that vehicle. If it wasn't in the advertised condition, I would expect the deposit to be refunded but otherwise, it's theirs to keep if I flake.

I can't figure out how much you are asking for this unit? If it is priced right I will buy it (after looking at it), if it is priced to high it will not sell

Pretty sure the OP updated and said $149,000.

exon111

ER #22 sold today at full asking price. Hopefully this helps the next person buying or selling one of these. Comps are really hard to find. Check outdoorsy.com in the future, I think the buyer may be renting it out. A lot of people have expressed interest to us in renting the unit while we had it for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier