2006 Earthroamer XV-LT For Sale - $150k - SOLD

exon111

Dang! Now I am scared of all Ford diesel engines. I had a 7.3 that I loved. I wonder if the 6.7 is any good?
That's pretty wild. I never knew that. I drive a F450 for work. No idea what kind of tires I have on it.

The tires on the ER are a lot different than the regular Ford tires. The normal Ford doesn't use the the drive / steer tire setup. The 6.7 engine is more complex than either the 6.0 or 6.4, and condequently there are more failure points. There are lots of threads about that engine elsewhere. The 6.7 is nice and quiet, but for long reliability and economical operating costs, a bullet proofed 6.0 is as good as it gets. Each newer gen added more and more emmissions crap to the detriment of reliability.

eugarps

I probably missed it but was the engine "bulletproofed" by Bullet Proof Diesel in Mesa, AZ?

Thanks,

Bill

exon111

Well that was a grand waste of time. Out of state buyer placed deposit last week, wasted a bunch of time with me figuring out details of financing, insurance and such, finally lined up financing, booked a flight out here, got me to prep the thing for them to pick up on Thurs, only to call today and say her husband decided it's too much money for them to spend right now and they won't be coming to inspect and complete purchase as agreed. Would have been really nice if they had decided *before* agreeing to a purchase price and placing a deposit. I now understand why so many people use dealers for consignment. People can be really flakey. End rant...

Anyway, truck is available again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles