2006 E350 6.0 Ambo build “jean claude VAN damme”

Tifun

We lost the trans on this weekends trip. Completely unexpected. Will be draining fluid this weekend to see what comes out.

It happened right at the exit to our house about 10 miles out. Drove about 20mph stuck in 2nd. Ran a few lights. Slowly lol.

No signs of shifting issues or anything. Just a super loud clunk/chunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifun

Looks like my coast drum broke. Full rebuild for a mild build is looking around $4750-5000. Do I keep or part it out

PlethoraOfGuns

Adventurer
Ugh, I feel for you. That's a tough call, lots of money. You put a lot of work into the build. Towards the end of my last build the engine blew up. I already put all that work into it and so I decided to rebuild the engine. If it was at the beginning of the build though, I might have scrapped it...

Tifun

Ugh, I feel for you. That's a tough call, lots of money. You put a lot of work into the build. Towards the end of my last build the engine blew up. I already put all that work into it and so I decided to rebuild the engine. If it was at the beginning of the build though, I might have scrapped it...

I’m hoping I don’t regret the cost because I’ve decided to pull the trans in the morning. I’m going to at minimum test it down and look it over.

Tifun

Trans is out. Took 1.5 hours at a relaxed pace. Way easy to pull out.
56eb6d44dd2cf3e1fd8e9ae1213efd95.jpg

d25fae547d0f1193f66a12f2598d5d08.jpg

30798840064cb101f5d82503328fe64d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online