2005 Tiger CX (#1030) on Silverado 2500HD 8.1L extended cab with many improvements, 135,000 miles+, $38,765, Las Vegas

Doug Calder

Toured all of the Americas over a six year period. Fully self-contained. Full details in the attached, but includes: skid plates under pans and grey/black tanks, winch, on-board air, hi-lift, 4x4, front and rear locking differentials, rear suspension air bags, 4x100W solar panels and 300 amp-hour AGM battery storage, on-demand hot water, 2 - 3'x2'x2' aluminum storage boxes, 12V compressor fridge,3 burner stove, double sinks, microwave, full bathroom, outdoor shower, AC, fantastic fan, 2800W generator, 1000W inverter, secret storage spots, several USB charge points, and so much more. Maintenance carried out diligently and records kept. Everything in working order. Manuals, warranties, and repair and maintenance records will be provided. As well as many back-up spare parts (new).

Pics below and many more at: https://our05tigercx.shutterfly.com/pictures.

Doug and Fran Calder
whereareyoucalder@gmail.com
1-774-295-0099

Attachments

Recommended books for Overlanding

The Alchemist, 25th Anniversary: A Fable About Following ...
by Paulo Coelho
From $10.47
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Overlanders' Handbook: Worldwide route and planning guide...
by Chris Scott
From $19.2
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99

zombieblaster

Do you have any more pictures of the underside of the truck? I clicked the link to see the additional pics but would love more that show any rust spots underneath. Thanks!

hollowgram5

What engine does it have? please be specific make and model. Thanks
The title says 8.1L, so I'd assume it's an L18 8.1 liter (496 cu in) V-8 from General Motors. This was an evolution of big block v8 tech and an improvement from the 454ci of the 80s and 90s.

I'm sure the seller can opine on their experience with this motor, but they have a pretty good history and reputation of power and reliability from what I understand.

86scotty

Explorer
Yep ^^^ They are thirsty but indestructible. I doubt they are much more thirsty than a Ford 6.8/V10 though and probably more trouble free.

A quick Google search shows about 9-10 for an 8.1 in a rig such as this (not towing).

Doug Calder

Yep ^^^ They are thirsty but indestructible. I doubt they are much more thirsty than a Ford 6.8/V10 though and probably more trouble free.

A quick Google search shows about 9-10 for an 8.1 in a rig such as this (not towing).
Good way to describe it - drove it throughout the Americas, over 16,000' a few times, all sorts of terrain and it's still purring. The only issue we've ever had with the drive train is occasional misfiring, solved through plugs/wires.