2005 Mercedes G500 Grand Edition - Portland, OR

RobMBush

Hi guys, I started a new build with a 2014 G550 and I'm selling my 05 G500 Grand Edition. I've had the truck for almost 8 years and its in great shape inside and out. 146k miles, 50mm lift with fox shocks and ORC brake/locker lines all around. Genuine MB euro mudflaps. VTS 7000lbs trailer hitch with VTS brake light controller. 275/70-r18 BFG Ko2 tires all around with only about 5k miles on them. Major service replacement items done recently include tie rods and drag links. Brake booster was replaced around 105k miles and the truck got a new MB transmission and electronic controls at 122k miles due to a computer failure that caused mechanical damage to the original transmission. I can provide a detailed schedule of major mods and maintenance to anyone interested.

Truck is listed: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/801461499/overview/?siyListing=true

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_145757 (2).jpg
    IMG_20190714_145757 (2).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 262

gamaray

Nice truck ! A few questions:
Is the 50mm lift achieved by spacers or coil springs ?
Any issues with the traction control due to larger size tires ?
Roof-rack included or no ?
That’s all for now. Thank you!

RobMBush

Nice truck ! A few questions:
Is the 50mm lift achieved by spacers or coil springs ?
Any issues with the traction control due to larger size tires ?
Roof-rack included or no ?
That’s all for now. Thank you!

Rack isn't going with the truck. It's going on my new 2014 G550. It's a frontrunner slimline II which sell for about $1200 new.
50mm Spacers from Tutus but I was previously running VikingOffroad-Thor springs before swapping back to the spacers and OEM springs to list for sale. The Fox shocks allow for additional suspension travel over stock. The Thor springs could go back on the truck for a serious buyer (or go with the truck). If I put the Thor springs back on I would need to install some caster correction bushings as that much lift was getting into too much into negative caster territory. I've got a full set of poly bushings with caster correction coming from Germany.
Yes the stability control can chime in more aggressively on long high speed sloping curves due to the 33" tire size. This was rarely an issue but and can be corrected as are settings that can be changed by a mechanic with the STAR tool and I never got around to it.

RobMBush

Decided to keep the G500 and build for focused off-road. ~80mm spring lift, caster correction bushings set. Tow-pin bumper and winch. Full front engine refresh with VTS heavy duty pully set. Front axle refresh. ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94