2005 Four Winds Majestic 23P 4x4 Expedition Motorhome near San Diego 65k

Athansinis

Stumbled across this and figured I'd share. No affiliation.

Text:
2005 Four Winds Majestic 23P 4x4 Expedition Motorhome
Ford F350 Super Duty Chassis. Triton 5.4 V8 gas motor, Just recently converted to 4x4. Rear expedition cargo rack. Front winch bumper and 13,000lbs winch. Over cab offroad lighting array. New 37in Roadian HTX all-terrain tires. Complete Majestic camper package with Onan generator, stove, refrigerator, microwave, furnace, air conditioning, sleeps 4. 155,000 miles, Vehicle measures 26’L x 8’W x 12’H Ready for your summer adventure. $65,000
YouTube-

rawtoxic

Fresh paint really helps a rig like that out - I like the color choice maybe too much gloss for me.

The expedition rack on the back seems pretty sweet it sits on bumber and tied into frame.

Too bad the Four Winds truck chassis RV's didn't do a full cut out pass through. Once I can't pass through the rig almost a truck camper to me, but it's all about preferences.

I think if you did nothing more and never towed the 5.4 might cut it. Might need re-geared to get it done. Probably not a good drivetrain if you expect speed limit up mountain passes.

The rear entry bath layout seems really efficient and comfortable to me. Dry bath nice and spacious.

It seems to have the trademark over cab lights of the 4x4 builder that sells lots of similar builds. Kind of flashy looking not my taste.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Anyone ever had a full size pass through cut in ?
I wonder what is involved

rawtoxic

I knew I would get dogged for that comment.

I'd just prefer to walk in a hallway type pass through to captains chairs than crawl through a window opening. Our dog would not like that style of pass through either in this rig. It's all about preferences and my preferences stand (no pun intended). Our first trip we used our full height pass-through 100s of times and were so glad we held out for a rig with a full height pass-through. This is about the smallest pass through you get on a commercial RV.

Zip I think the main thing you need for the full size pass-through is the correct seat configuration on the other side and perhaps if they had wiring or anything you'd need to move in that space for rough-in opening. You have to have captains chairs for the best pass-through so you can walk to your seat. We looked at the 2014 Malayan recently for sale it had the window sized pass through and Provan quoted only $1000 to convert to full size (didn't include changing seat configuration) so it can't be much on other rigs. Our 2005 crew cab provan tiger is so nice I just can crouch and walk from the drivers seat to RV area, our seating configuration is 4x captain chairs with basically a hallway down the center (no consoles) you can walk in a crouch. I could even carry two drinks very full without lids no prob (try that on your crawl-through). If I'm inside the RV it's easier to walk to the front seat from inside than going outside what I'm saying its convenient as can be and I wouldn't go without one when given the option.

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Javier Crow? Usually anything like this rig coming out of SD has got something Crow'y about it.

I've never seen him do anything but vans. Anyone else? I would say that anyone who can find one of these, rehab it and flip it is making easy money. I didn't watch the video but usually these have a base model cab. I've thought of finding a beat one with the box on it and swapping the box to a 4wd XLT donor.

Anyway, neat rig.

tetsuo69

I knew I would get dogged for that comment.

I'd just prefer to walk in a hallway type pass through to captains chairs than crawl through a window opening. Our dog would not like that style of pass through either in this rig. It's all about preferences and my preferences stand (no pun intended). Our first trip we used our full height pass-through 100s of times and were so glad we held out for a rig with a full height pass-through.

Spot on my preference, exactly what we've been looking for for years. Why is it so hard to find a 4x4 RV with a full height passthrough. Bonus points for a tilt up bunk bed to give headroom. That we need to sit/sleep 4 makes it near mission impossible outside of those occasional Host RVs from 07/'08

jlcanterbury

haha @rawtoxic I actually agree with all said points, just giving you a hard time.

I am doing a truck camper soon off an F-350. It has the full size rear window, and it seemed easiest to just remove the window and make that the size of the pass through (wide but short).

But I really want to do a full height pass thru-floor to ceiling. Either a doorway, or even a full opening the way earthcruiser does. It just seems like more of a challenge, and I worry about removing too much sheet metal from the rear of the cab. It seems like so few conversion companies make pass-throuhg from the truck chassis. Is there a main reason why not?

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
I wonder who did the conversion. I also think a pass through Earthroamer style or something floor and up. I have a dog and that was the main reason for selling my Lance truck camper and crewcab. Such a small opening.

I cant find the video. But an elderly gentleman all by himself made one. Popped out the rear truck window. Welded in the opening with sheet metal. Used some square metal tubing to stiffen around the cut and welded it in. Cut a vertical rectangle. Painted it. Used accordion boot material. If he can do it I think any of us can.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Regarding the pass thru discussion here, FWIW the 4x4 Tigers like the one we have,
have really easily accessed pass throughs, like this one:
CFA1F428-2321-4662-BBAC-A59AA9413078.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne