2005 Ford F-450 Earthroamer, Salvaged, Mexico, Auction

CampStewart

Observer
Very interesting, yet convoluted story. My thought while reading was how does someone go from finacial ability to purchase/finance an Earthroamer to having only lint in their pocket? And are there some meds needed to stabilize things...? :)

I hope that things work out, and that he finds peace.

This was the most confusing part of the entire story for me and made it difficult to give it too much credibility as to the facts and circumstances.

DCGibbs

Observer
Zybane, I have traveled 1000's on miles in Mexico, without issue. Of Course, it wasn't in an EarthRoamer. There are wonderful places, food, and peoples in that country. Knowledge of the "legal" language helps.
For those of you who haven't traveled into Mexico - there are 63 dialects, while Spanish is the official language, in greater Mexico City, 1.8 million still speak the Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs. It's the base language where tamale, tortilla, tomatillo, Chaco, Mole derived from... The siri Indians of bahia kino, has a single isolate language, once the elders die off, so does its language.

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
Lol....reading the comments have just added a snicker to my day....

I didn't aim to provide a ruthless, blow by blow, breakdown of my daily affairs. My point was a general summary, with no aim other than to give some resolution to other's inquiries. This was snapshots, vignettes, way points on a compass heading that were..

Between cleansweep and LakeLBJ, from put this story out of "our" misery, to best thread on Expedition Portal so far: to have diametrically opposed opinions, I suppose, is the best compliment to receive.
Were I a wryer or wittier writer, taking more than just a few moments to post in passing, more concise the prose would have become. Seeing attentions span from sound bites to sound bits in the collective conscious, it was chosen to make quicker bites, than grandiose prose and run on sentences that waste the medium's interest. Truly sorry for the erudite who wanted their synapses entirely embraced without the debris of my hastily chosen postings.

"But that’s not the way of it with the tales that really mattered, or the ones that stay in the mind. Folk seem to have just landed in them, usually - their paths were laid that way, as you put it. But I expect they had lots of chances, like us, of turning back, only they didn’t. And if they had, we shouldn’t know, because they’d have been forgotten. We hear about those as just went on - and not all to a good end, mind you; at least not to what folk inside a story and not outside it call a good end” J.R.R.Tolkien

Racingdad

Adventurer
Wonderful reply to a story not so wonderful. And so as Gandalf has said: "It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule."

zip

I prefer social distancing.

Attachments

• F2459FE8-2259-4E13-AB27-CFE3FFC866F5.jpeg
    F2459FE8-2259-4E13-AB27-CFE3FFC866F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 221

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
Art of the deal passed it on to the State Department. Dead end. They have nothing but sorry about your experiences, but they are a sovereign nation...yeah right, like no one ever read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by Perkins....it isn't that can't interfere, it's that there is no motivation.

So what do you think reader? Should the another member who pm'd me and bought ER#009 last year in Southern California from eBay under a salvaged title have any obligation to the Licensed and Titled owner from South Dakota? Inquiring minds want to know

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
I haven't had the introduction to any of his books. I may take that under consideration. Thanks for the post and keep it under the radar!

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
I haven't had the introduction to any of his books. I may take that under consideration. Thanks for the post and keep it under the radar!

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Apparently this Earthroamer has now resurfaced on BringATrailer:

yep, and we have two more new threads about this vehicle too.
Wondering what end price will be?
Hopefully buyer does their research.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
yep, and we have two more new threads about this vehicle too.
Wondering what end price will be?
Hopefully buyer does their research.

Well at this point the history does not matter anymore. The title is clean, the truck has been fixed and it is registered in California.
Unless you believe in ghosts or zombies, this is a pile of metal with no soul.

Someone is going to buy it, perhaps at a discounted price, and enjoy it. And he/she/they will have a good story to tell.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles