2005 Ford F-450 Earthroamer, Salvaged, Mexico, Auction

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Well at this point the history does not matter anymore. The title is clean, the truck has been fixed and it is registered in California.
Unless you believe in ghosts or zombies, this is a pile of metal with no soul.

Someone is going to buy it, perhaps at a discounted price, and enjoy it. And he/she/they will have a good story to tell.

:)

and that’s why you get paid the big bucks!!
I’d be very interested in knowing how that gets registered in California with the Cummins in it.

this.one.guy

I’d be very interested in knowing how that gets registered in California with the Cummins in it.

I'm wondering the exact same thing. It is a 2005 vehicle with a 1998 motor. Everything I've read said CA DMV requires same year or newer engine with all emissions systems intact.

Overdrive

Adventurer
I don't know anything about current CA rules, but here is a comment from BaT, and the reply by the seller:

--“I believe no smog is required on diesel vehicles with 14,000 lbs GVW or more in california currently, The hood would not even need to be opened to register. ”
– "You’re correct! Nice to have so many knowledgeable people here on BaT"

Tiz_Zlife

I don't know about the smog of this truck. I know a guy with a 03 C5500 that managed to get the truck registered here and he can only drive it 1000 miles a year. They are taking the big tractor trucks like Kenworths off the streets by not allowing they to be reregistered. You will see in some commercial listing "not legal in California". I may be wrong but if there was a loop hole I would assume more people would use it. Either way, if A CA resident purchases the truck the owner is responsible to provide a smog for the truck so the title can be transferred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles