SOLD: 2005 F-250 Super Duty 4x4 diesel, 77k miles, long bed, Carli Backcountry Fox suspension (Seattle WA)

robmaxjohn

Price: $17,900 <-- I dropped from $19.5k because I was making concessions for new tires and being flexible on my price a bit. I'd rather publicly announce a lower price if I'd take it than hide that behind DMs

Description: It's a low mileage (77k miles), super clean (see pic), long-bed (8') truck with a fancy suspension and zero issues.

IMG_7719_B.jpg

I've maintained this truck like I was never going to sell it, but hey, here we are and it's up for grabs.

Less than 2,000 miles ago I put $11k into it in the name of keeping a perfect truck perfect --> for $7k at my diesel mechanic I had a new FICM, all new Motorcraft injectors, and Motorcraft oil cooler professionally installed... so after that hit I decided it deserved a suspension upgrade and, for $4k, I put in Carli's Backcountry system with Fox external-reservoir shocks, Carli coils to level the front, and their add-a-pack leaf kit for the back so original payload and towing capacities remain intact.

It's an XLT trim truck with cloth seats, the towing and FX4 packages (factory locker), up-fitter switches, a spray in bed-liner in the 8' bed, a B&W turnover-ball gooseneck hitch, LEDs everywhere including the headlights, mirrors from the newer generation trucks, a Sony bluetooth stereo with Kenwood speakers, and Sinister Diesel's EGR-delete kit.

As a 2005, there's no DEF system to worry about, it came from Ford with upgraded head-studs (6.0 liter diesels pre-2005 needed upgraded head-studs, this one did not), and it has coils in the front --not leaf springs-- so it actually is fun to cover rough ground in... super fun now that it has the Carli setup.

This has been a truck to help us build our house with, but for its next life it'd be the perfect platform for you to throw a camper in and go hammer some dirt roads. I doubt I've even warmed up the fancy Fox shocks. Put them to work and you'll love them. It has KO2 tires that're ~34" diameter and are worn enough you wouldn't feel bad about replacing them with 35's. I didn't upgrade the tires after the 2.5" Carli lift, but that's certainly an option for you.

It has a clean title, hasn't been in any accidents, and I own it outright.

Last edited:

robmaxjohn

Update: Aaron had to back out for health reasons, so I'm putting the truck back up for grabs. Same price as before but adding OBO, I'm ready to send it off with a new owner to love it and use it.

Aaron blew out his ACL skiing on the same day he was going to book a flight out to grab the truck. We were in a holding pattern while we waited to see what his recovery is going to look like, but it's going to be 5-6 months before he'd be physically able to start his overland build, so the wisest thing now is to let someone else take a run at it.

robmaxjohn

Price drop to $17,900 <-- I dropped from $19.5k because I was making concessions for new tires and being flexible on my price a bit. I'd rather publicly announce a lower price if I'd take it than hide that behind DMs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier