2005 e350 4x4 sportsmobile $65k

Countrysquire

f
00Q0Q_gB1O9bt2Uczz_0ne0t2_1200x900.jpg00909_7ONczTh6Tcz_0Ai0t2_1200x900.jpg00O0O_1P5wF8Mq1hdz_0jK0CI_1200x900.jpg

for more pictures see
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto...289073847.html
located in Santa Cruz CA
Feel free to reach out with any questions.
I understand the hesitation for the 6.0 but I assure you its fully bullet proofed. no expense was spared.

2005 Ford E350 Van
Diesel Powerstroke 6.0L Turboboost
Bullet Proof Kit
154k miles
40 gal fuel tank
Sportsmobile 4x4 Conversion
Warn Hubs
Pop Top Roof (w/upper bunk)
Fiamma F45 Awning w/full Privacy Room
Aluminess Bumpers/Racks/Utility Box
Warn Winch
Rock Slide Engineering Auto Steps
Hella Lights
Air Compressor
185 Watt Solar Panels
Solar Boost 2000E
1000 watt converter
Refrigerator
Sink
22gal freshwater w/filtration
Pioneer NAV, Bluetooth, Apple Play, Backup Cam
Viper Security System
Maple cabinets
Full Mattress
Tons of storage
Pelican Hard Cases (2)
Much more...
Ready for ANY adventure! See more on Instagram @tripinthebeast

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Nice looking vehicle.
What exactly is a fully bulletproofed engine?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
What exactly is a fully bulletproofed engine?

The ford 6.0 diesels are prone to a specific set of failures in factory trim. "Bulletproofing" refers to the suite of preventative parts replacements/upgrades to prevent these failures. It's a time-consuming (and thus costly) procedure, but there are a lot of potential buyers who won't touch a 6.0-equipped vehicle unless/until it's been done.

86scotty

Cynic
The ford 6.0 diesels are prone to a specific set of failures in factory trim. "Bulletproofing" refers to the suite of preventative parts replacements/upgrades to prevent these failures. It's a time-consuming (and thus costly) procedure, but there are a lot of potential buyers who won't touch a 6.0-equipped vehicle unless/until it's been done.

Correct, but bulletproofing is a general term nowadays, which I think is Zip's point. As many have already pointed out on the same ad on the SMB forum the seller needs to step up and explain exactly what was done, in detail. Anyone even considering a 6.0l diesel priced at more than $200 should have ALL the answers and do all of their homework.

It will probably sell quickly though regardless, and likely to someone completely uninformed.

Reactions: zip

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I looked at a vehicle for sale once for the guy said it had been bulletproofed.
He had replaced the airbox intake, and replaced a broken turbo.
I would not consider this to be bulletproofed.
In my mechanic’s opinion, if somebody says something is “fully” bulletproofed, he believes the engine is generally pulled out of the vehicle.

danneskjold

I looked at a vehicle for sale once for the guy said it had been bulletproofed.
He had replaced the airbox intake, and replaced a broken turbo.
I would not consider this to be bulletproofed.
In my mechanic’s opinion, if somebody says something is “fully” bulletproofed, he believes the engine is generally pulled out of the vehicle.

Bulletproofing really means that the 5 pattern failure points of the 6.0 were fixed - specifically with “Bulletproof diesel” parts. In practice it usually just means the engine had head studs installed, which doesn’t require the engine to be removed from the vehicle (but pulling the cab makes access easier!).

86scotty

Cynic
I'm curious to see how many more definitions of 'bulletproofing' we have before the end of the weekend. I'm not claiming to know.

• Haha
Reactions: zip

XTRALND

What exactly has been done to be considered "bulletproofed"? There's a myriad of different items involved to be considered "fully bulletproofed".

Chops86001

Is this still available? what's the seating/ seatbelt arrangement?
Right....the eternal quest for a reasonable setup for those with more than two family members.
Almost forces you into the crew cab truck with cab over category.
If anyone has leads on a 4 seat belt setup let me know also :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne