2005 Dodge, 3500, 5.9 Cummins, Manual Trans (NV5600), SRW, SB, 161K miles, $26.5K Nor California (Trade?)

sertguy

Observer
My mechanic calls this truck the Unicorn as there are very few 3rd generation, 5.9, short bed, single rear wheel, crew cab, manual trans, one ton, 4x4 Rams out there. I purchased this truck about 10 years ago with 114K on the ticker, it currently has about 161k. Its only use was to haul my truck camper to remote places and national parks. I drive it around the block once or twice a month just to keep things lubed up. It's been from Canada to Mexico and runs perfectly, drives awesome and starts right up. The interior is in great shape 9/10. No cracks, rips or tears. Motor is stock, no mods, chips or tunes. I do have a tuner/programmer that will come with the truck. I never messed with it. Clean title. The exterior is in good shape. 7/10 maybe. I have a folder full of receipts showing a lot of the work done.

I did lose an injector in Moab after they were replaced. Bad injector from Bosch, my luck. The only time she's left me stranded. Immediately after I purchased it I took it to Imler Diesel in Sacramento and had them go over it front to back to insure reliability. He replaced all the fluids, adjusted the valves, compression tested the motor, cleaned out the gas tank, replaced the injectors (Bosch), added the FASS system and several other maintenance items to make it solid. The fluid changes are all up to date. I love this truck, it is a blast to drive but want the cash to help fund a new overland project!

The following an incomplete list of what has been done to the truck. All of it completed in the last 40K miles, most of it in the last 10k-20k miles.

Fass Platinum Fuel System
NO DEF
2009 Front end steering conversion
Steering box brace
New steering box
New Radius Arms
Front inner and outer axle seals replaced
New hubs
JVC blue tooth stereo
New Cooper AT3 Tires (maybe 7K miles)
New rims (forgot what brand)
Front and rear breaks in the last 10k
National 220 amp alt
Industrial serpentine belt
Air lift air bags
Torklift Stable Load
Hellwig rear sway bar
New shocks (forgot what brand)
B&W Goose neck hitch
Truck camper tie downs
Batteries are about a 3 old
Both rear door wiring harnesses replaced
Head lights and fog lamps replaced with higher output versions
Interior LEDs
Front 2" receiver hitch
Truck cover
Tire covers

So there are no surprises, I've added some photos of the worst dings in the truck.
It is titled in Montana, currently in California. Delivery is negotiable.
Will consider trade, straight across or plus cash from either buyer or seller, for 4runner, Tacoma, Landcruiser, Lexus LX/GX. Looking for an overland rig or to build one.
Why am I selling? I plan on spending some time in Central America and possibly South America. For me, the Dodge was just a little too big for those small roads down there, I want something smaller, and a little newer.
I'm sure there are some things I missed and I'll add as I remember.

IMG_7326.jpeg

IMG_7368.jpeg

IMG_7365.jpeg

63392021699__8A83D160-93A2-4C51-AEDB-2A898D60A207.jpeg

IMG_7244.jpeg

63392018848__2F2BED60-80EA-4344-9FFD-6D9844D7BCA1.jpeg
IMG_7243.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member