2005-2014 Tacoma Safari Snorkel

squatch

Adventurer
Will these work with a Toyota TRD cold air intake [ptr05-35061] and any date on when they are shipping?

sumnrfam

Sorry.. missed that.

I didn't get a super good shot but this should do:

View attachment 256795

As you can see it simply connects to the stock air cleaner inlet hose right at the inner fender well junction. It uses a formed hose (like that of the SS135) made specifically for this application.

Kurt,,, the mystery device in front of the ABS manifold ?

Thanks,

Wade

Adventurous

Explorer
Kurt,,, the mystery device in front of the ABS manifold ?

Thanks,

Wade

That's some new fangled emissions stuff that if I'm not mistaken, was added to the 2012+ year models. Kind of unfortunate as between that and the ABS they take up the majority of the previously free space on the passenger fender.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
it's here...[/URL]

Got that email myself this morning. Even as a non-Tacoma owner I gotta say it's about time. I give it about a year before there's more Tacomas with snorkels than FJCs. lol.

Will these work with a Toyota TRD cold air intake [ptr05-35061] and any date on when they are shipping?

You could always adapt it yourself. One of the best FJC guys ever adapted his Safari Snorkel to his TRD CAI back in 2007 using items more commonly found at your local plumbing supply.

Using the same method you should be able to adapt the two together - http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...15-arb-safari-snorkel-cai-install-w-pics.html

Luke1

I am interested in this, but I have a question. I am running ditch lights is there a chance of then interference between the snorkel and the light or mount?

lugueto

Adventurer
If you're handy or know someone who is, you can fab a mount for the light using the snorkel's A pillar mount.

It has become fairly common here in Venezuela. My truck has one, though I'm planning on replacing it with the standard A Pillar brace because I don't see a use for it, therefore there is no light on the light mount. (The shop installed it for free when they installed my snorkel).

Even though its not a Tacoma, here's a (crappy) pic for reference. It was crudely made but I suppose with the light installed you wouldn't notice it. I suppose you could do a better job at it if you wanted it to look nicer.

K.Ray

Adventurer
I'm wondering about all the folks that have done the SS-135 retrofit kit - and cut holes - will the new snorkel require a new fender and different placement of holes drilled in the A pillar?

Is there really any difference in airflow (CFM) delivered to the 1GR-FE or would the change to this new snorkel be purely for cosmetics?

I wonder this as well. I currently have the Hilux custom fitted to my rig but notice a drop in power due to the restrictions inside the fender. If I pop the hose off inside the engine bay I get my power back. It's not a big difference but it's noticeable. It looks like the new snorkel will maintain 3.5"-4" piping like the stock intake pipe versus the 2.5"-3" from the Hilux kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior