2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
Jose, your bumper is why I reached out to Billy earlier this year. I am trying to decide if I need it or just want to. I bet a group buy for that style would sell like hot cakes with this group.

I like the dirty snow pic of your truck best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you think the 488s would have been if you had kept the 285s? Too low? Were you 3.91 before? Constantly debating 456 vs 488s for my set of 285s.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Jose, your bumper is why I reached out to Billy earlier this year. I am trying to decide if I need it or just want to. I bet a group buy for that style would sell like hot cakes with this group.

I like the dirty snow pic of your truck best.

Already have a few orders in and more coming in. You have till Black Friday to decide.

Hoping to do more snow trips in it now that it's locked.

How do you think the 488s would have been if you had kept the 285s? Too low? Were you 3.91 before? Constantly debating 456 vs 488s for my set of 285s.

For 285 I would do 456. It will probably be overgeared but I rather be over. With 456 and 35 I was told was a good match for mpg but not for power imo. It drives perfect now with 488 and 35s. Only has one tank and averaging 13mpg doing 70mph gps. I'm hoping it does better after a few tanks but either way. It drives so much better now.

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
Already have a few orders in and more coming in. You have till Black Friday to decide.

Stoked for Billy, he makes the best looking product on the market for our trucks. IMO

To confirm the group buy is not for the ARB style hoops that you have correct?

Thanks,

Mike

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Stoked for Billy, he makes the best looking product on the market for our trucks. IMO

To confirm the group buy is not for the ARB style hoops that you have correct?

Thanks,

Mike

Correct. It's just for the one on the blue tundra. Only option would be to have it with or without hoop

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I bet if he added a third option to the gb for the ARB style hoops he would get more orders.

But anyway, thank you for letting us know about the group buy. Brute Force Fab makes some good looking products.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I bet if he added a third option to the gb for the ARB style hoops he would get more orders.

But anyway, thank you for letting us know about the group buy. Brute Force Fab makes some good looking products.

Haha maybe. I just help advertise.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
5b6dae2c7fe6567a7acbf75833682f7a.jpg

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
Only has one tank and averaging 13mpg doing 70mph gps. I'm hoping it does better after a few tanks but either way. It drives so much better now.

Did you adjust for the fewer revolutions per mile with 35s in that calculation? I know your speedometer is off a fair amount.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Did you adjust for the fewer revolutions per mile with 35s in that calculation? I know your speedometer is off a fair amount.

I always use GPS for speed and miles driven.

I averaged 11mpg on 35s with 488 and towing with hill driving and steep grades. I was able to make up all the grades with just OD off and maintain 55-60 easy and could gone faster if I wanted to without having to downshift. Speed limit with trailer is 55 here in California.

There was one grade that was probably 10% and I had to kick it down to 2nd.

Before I was stock gearing on 32s towing. I would get 10mpg and struggled. Lots of down shifting in the hills. The new gears makes towing with 35s a dream.

92ab4e2582708522a15e47120ee75a67.jpg

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
I always use GPS for speed and miles driven.

I averaged 11mpg on 35s with 488 and towing with hill driving and steep grades. I was able to make up all the grades with just OD off and maintain 55-60 easy and could gone faster if I wanted to without having to downshift. Speed limit with trailer is 55 here in California.

There was one grade that was probably 10% and I had to kick it down to 2nd.

Before I was stock gearing on 32s towing. I would get 10mpg and struggled. Lots of down shifting in the hills. The new gears makes towing with 35s a dream.

92ab4e2582708522a15e47120ee75a67.jpg

Seems you should be getting better fuel economy than that, even on 35s.

Kpack

Adventurer
Towing a wakeboard boat with my Tundra drops my gas mileage in half. I get 15mpg normally (33's with lift, 3.91 ratio, accounting for difference in tire size) and when towing I get between 8-9. That includes steep grades. With the weight on the back of toyotech's Tundra that mpg seems within reason.

Now if I could only figure out why my truck gets hot when towing...

Toyotech, the Tundra looks so much better with 35's. I'm getting a little jealous here.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Seems you should be getting better fuel economy than that, even on 35s.

I only have around 800miles on the gears. I too was hoping It would be better but I'm also overgeared and over weight.

Towing a wakeboard boat with my Tundra drops my gas mileage in half. I get 15mpg normally (33's with lift, 3.91 ratio, accounting for difference in tire size) and when towing I get between 8-9. That includes steep grades. With the weight on the back of toyotech's Tundra that mpg seems within reason.

Now if I could only figure out why my truck gets hot when towing...

Toyotech, the Tundra looks so much better with 35's. I'm getting a little jealous here.

Thanks. The 35s did transformed the truck for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior